Fusion

View Only
  • 1.  Running out of hard drive space on my Mac

Posted Jan 13, 2010 05:23 AM

Please help. I have a 200 Gig hard drive and I have assigned Windws 40 gig. But of all of the sudden I have noticed that I am running out of space on the Mac side. I have only 1.4 gig left. I tried reading other post trying to find solution to the delima bt none where helpful. I also tried reading the user guide regarding VM and drive space, I think I get what they are trying to say regarding space assigned for windows might not match what space ivirtual machine is consumming. But the info does guide ou on how to fix the the issue. Can someone please help me fix the issue. I appericiate anyone help.

Sam

• 2.  RE: Running out of hard drive space on my Mac

Posted Jan 13, 2010 08:41 AM

Very soon if you fill your disk, VMware will stop your virtual machine to prevent problems. Before it gets to that, try the solution in

• 3.  RE: Running out of hard drive space on my Mac

Posted Jan 13, 2010 04:19 PM

rcardona2k, that did not work as far solving my problem. It shows me what the issue is, which I aware off. When I click on my hard drive when in OS 10, I see under my user name, that Virtual machine windows XP is using almost 150 GB. I called tech support and they told me to delete snapshot I have taken of windows, but once I did that it freed up some space but I am still having the same issue. I got to believe that others would have had the same problem too. So I am back to square one.

• 4.  RE: Running out of hard drive space on my Mac

Posted Jan 13, 2010 10:08 PM

If you have saved Snapshots of the VM this will eat up the Mac drive space. My VM is 32GB and I had to eliminate all of my snapshots in order to not have any issues.

Good Luck.

Salty Doug

• 5.  RE: Running out of hard drive space on my Mac

Posted Jan 14, 2010 01:25 AM

Salty dog, I did delete all my snap shot but it still did not solve the issue. It cleared abut 6 gig of space. I am tempted at this point t pay for tech support to help

• 6.  RE: Running out of hard drive space on my Mac

Posted Jan 14, 2010 07:38 AM

If you are running VMware Fusion 3.0 then the Tech support is free. I like

3.01 much better than 2.x.

Fair winds and calm seas.

Salty Doug

SV AQUADESIAC

Tayana V-42 CC