Fusion

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

VMware Fusion PPPC Configuration Profile

• 1.  VMware Fusion PPPC Configuration Profile

Posted Jan 18, 2021 05:26 PM

macOS, does anyone have a VMware Fusion PPPC configuration profile that suppresses the notification below:

"VMware Fusion" wants access to control "System Events". Allowing control will provide access to documents and data in "System Events", and to perform actions within that app.

I have tried to setup a PPPC configuration profile but am unable to have this notification suppressed

PPPC_Notification.png

• 2.  RE: VMware Fusion PPPC Configuration Profile

Posted Jan 18, 2021 08:03 PM

By "suppress the notification" are we to assume that you are looking for a profile that will grant Fusion the requested access automatically so that the user will not see the prompt to grant it?

• 3.  RE: VMware Fusion PPPC Configuration Profile

Posted Jan 18, 2021 08:20 PM

That is correct. Looking for the PPPC profile that will grant Fusion the requested access automatically so that the user will not see the prompt to grant it.

I have a simple PPPC setup so that the Fusion app has access to control System Events, however I am still receiving the popup notification

• 4.  RE: VMware Fusion PPPC Configuration Profile

Posted Feb 11, 2021 07:32 PM

Did you ever figure this out? I'm running into the same thing and I am fairly confident my PPPC config profile should be sufficient.

• 5.  RE: VMware Fusion PPPC Configuration Profile

Posted Feb 11, 2021 07:38 PM

I have the PPPC profile set correctly, however the issue still remains. If you get this working please let me know and I'll do the same. Thanks so much

• 6.  RE: VMware Fusion PPPC Configuration Profile

Posted Feb 11, 2021 07:40 PM

I never found a fix. PPPC Profile is set correctly, however the pop-up still remains

• 7.  RE: VMware Fusion PPPC Configuration Profile

Posted Feb 11, 2021 11:31 PM

We've seen something similar with other software as well (not just Fusion).  I suspect that it's Apple's new security model, specifically so that people can't suppress it without user knowledge (otherwise it's be a vector for malware).

• 8.  RE: VMware Fusion PPPC Configuration Profile

Posted Feb 12, 2021 04:09 PM

If this were the case case though, I wouldn't be able to suppress this popup for other applications via PPPC config profiles... which I can. So this is specific to VMWare Fusion.

• 9.  RE: VMware Fusion PPPC Configuration Profile

Posted Mar 21, 2023 09:43 PM

Does anyone have an answer to this? I'm out of ideas

• 10.  RE: VMware Fusion PPPC Configuration Profile

Posted May 04, 2023 01:27 PM

I am looking for a solution to this problem, too. We are running VMware Fusion 13.0.2 on MacOS Ventura and are not able to get rid of this pop-up.

• 11.  RE: VMware Fusion PPPC Configuration Profile

Posted May 04, 2023 02:28 PM

It sounds like we’re all as stumped as you are. If you can, you might want to open a support request to VMware so they can see what you can do or if it’s even possible.