Fusion

View Only

Windows 7 on Fusion 3 almost hangs and distorts screen

• 1.  Windows 7 on Fusion 3 almost hangs and distorts screen

Posted Dec 08, 2009 02:03 PM
      |   view attached

I have Fusion 3 running on a MacBook Pro 17", with a 3.06 MHz processor, 8 GB of RAM, and the 7200 RPM drive. I'm running OS X 10.6.2. I have 3684 MB devoted to a Windows 7 Ultimate VM running on one processor. It is the only VM I have created. I have noticed a strange problem that seems to occur when the OS X screen saver has kicked in while the VM is running in full screen mode (the only mode I run in at present). I swipe the trackpad to clear the screen saver and I get a screwed up Windows desktop (see attached picture). What happens is the desktop icons, which should be at the far left are in the middle of the screen. It looks like the screen has shifted half-way to the right and the portion that moved off the right side has wrapped around to fill the left side. On top of that, the VM goes into "molasses mode." For instance, I can click on the Virtual Machine menu at the top of the screen and it takes about 20 seconds for the menu to appear. Then I move to the first menu option and it takes another 20 seconds highlight that option. I drag the mouse down to the next option and it takes 20 seconds to highlight that option. Eventually it will come out of this molasses mode and start responding normally and the screen will go back to normal, but it takes awhile and I'm not sure if there is anything I'm doing to get it out of its funk. Has anyone seen this? Any suggestions?