For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

SAN Health Utility

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

SAN Health - TSB/ Defect: TSB-2019-276-A

Hello!

I recently ran a San Health report and got the TSB / Defect attention: TSB-2019-276-A. I can not find formal documentation describing the recommendations. I called it open, however, if anyone can help by providing the document, thank you in advance.

External Moderator

Re: SAN Health - TSB/ Defect: TSB-2019-276-A

@ffabiosantosgcm 

Broadcom has determined that there is a risk of component failure with recent shipments of our XBR-000192 and XBR-
000193 16G SWL optic. Broadcom is providing this bulletin as part of communicating the issue and keeping customers
informed of product situations.

Corrective Action
Broadcom will replace all optics that are exposed to the wafer problem. To determine if your 16G optics are exposed to this issue and need to be replaced, one of the below options should be performed.
Option 1: Run SAN Health on all fabrics
Option 2: Provide a supportsave from every switch and director in the environment running 16G SWL optics to your Support Provider.
Option 3: Provide the output of the CLI commands ‘switchshow’ and ‘sfpshow-all’ on every logical switch and director in the environment running 16G SWL optics to your Support Provider.
Return the data from one of these options to your Service Provider for further analysis as part of this program. It should be noted that since this is a wafer issue then it does not translate directly to a optic date code or range of optic SNs. The data is used to track the optic fabrication history to the source silicon wafer. From the customer data, once your Service Provider determines the number of optics exposed to this issue, they will work with the customer to provide replacements.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Bongiorno for the information. Is there an official document describing this fact? It's what I still can not find, perhaps for lack of attempts.

External Moderator

@ffabiosantosgcm 

this is official copyed from TSB-2019-276-A

if you the same issue as descripted, need to open a call by you OEM / Vendor.

TechHelp24

Join the Broadcom Support Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.