For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Management Software

Occasional Contributor

Re: degraded link status

Ok, I just uploaded a Support Save for another Case 1116399 to Brocade FTP Server. Please ask Martin Mune or Brad Leonard  for the files.

Anonymous

We were able to see that ICMP requests are failing in  the logs . It looks like you are running into a defect which is scheduled to be fixed in a future version of Network Advisor .

Since the fixed release is not available yet for you to download we recommend disabling the Ping for switches to stop these false events . Please give that a try and let us know if it works for you . Below is where you will find this option :

Server Options -> Software Configuration -> IP Preferences -> OperPollingService -> EnablePingsForSwitches (uncheck box)

Occasional Contributor

Disable ping / polling is not really an option, because BNA will not be able to warn me if any switch goes offline.

@Dave.Smith: Did you get any further with this issue ?

Occasional Contributor

Jan,

I saw the post from Brocade that said it was a bug, so I figured there was nothing more for me to do until they fix it in a later release.  Like you, disabling ping / polling is not an option since we want to be notified as well if a switch is down.

Anonymous

Thank you all for the information on this BUG. I have a customer who wants to get rid of BNA because of it. Well that and the fact that each MIB can only handle 100 devices. With a 200 plus switch environment created multiple policies for notification, and false error reporting the are not happy.

Anonymous

Hi together,

i also have an VDX 6710 with the same Error. We replaced that switch because of a possible HW failure and after that the   the BNA came up with a Degraded Link message on the replaced switch. Is that also matching the same BUG?

Thanks for Feedback.. and also thanks for a hint how to get rid that error...

Anonymous

DennisN , were you able to resolve the issue by disabling ping for the replaced VDX 6710 ?

If yes its most likely the same issue . What version of BNA are you using ?

-Annie.

Anonymous

Hi,

no, that won't help - rediscover also not. I will create a ticket for that problem and post the solution here - if we find it

Anonymous

Thanks ! Definitely let us know when you hear back on .

Occasional Contributor

I upgraded to version 12.0.3 today, which was supposed to fix the degraded link issue, but it did not.

Join the Broadcom Support Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.