For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Management Software

Former Brocadian

Re: degraded link status

I would assume the duration of time should be just long enough to capture the problem.  I'll defer to Annie to specify any needed duration of time.

Now regarding the supportsave.  At the time of creation, BNA will ask where you wish to save the supportsave.  Depending on the OS, default should look something like:

C:\Program Files\network Advisor 11.1\support...

Keep in mind, if using linux systems, you cannot have blank spaces in the path or the creation will fail. 

you can also refer to the BNA Admin Guide for more information:  http://www.brocade.com/downloads/documents/html_product_manuals/NA_SAN_1200/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=Ch_SMC.13.07.html#1664436

Regards,

Mike Eversole
Brocade Community Manager
Anonymous

In using v12.1, I recently came across many of these failed auth errors and had a similar reaction.  why would BNA require SNMP write configured (either v2c or 3) on endpoints, when SSH is already configured?

the answer i received: "BNA does need to have devices configured with SNMP read-write string for full manageability."

I also found that even just to read, backup and store configs, SNMP Write configuration is required otherwise the process fails. Why would SNMP Write be required to Read? hmm...

still a mystery.

short term solution?  configure all your devices with SNMP v3 groups and users.

Former Brocadian

Thanks for the input BT.    Very helpful.  We'll see if we can shed some light on the 'mystery' part. 

Regards,

Mike Eversole
Occasional Contributor

Ok, thanks.  The support save was pretty large, so I opened up a case with Brocade concerning this issue.  I am in the process of uploading the files.

Former Brocadian

Appreciate the heads up dave.  We'll be working it on our end, if you get an answer, please post back as there are others with this issue.  And we'll do the same. 

Regards,

Mike Eversole
Anonymous

jan.eckloff ,

were you able to also collect a supportsave from BNA ?  If yes can you please share .

thanks,

-Annie.

Anonymous

dave.smith did you get any feedback from the Brocade support team yet ?

Occasional Contributor

Annie, my support save is about 1,3 GB zipped. Are you interessted in a specific file, so I dont need to upload the whole ?

Anonymous

I do need the complete support save file . Is there anyway you can drop me an email at the wingman@brocade.com alias as mike eversole mentioned in one of the replies above and i will get you the ftp information to upload the file ?

Occasional Contributor

I cant send:

Server: brocade.local

wingman@brocade.com

#< #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 RESOLVER.RST.AuthRequired; authentication
required> #SMTP#

Join the Broadcom Support Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.