For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Management Software

Anonymous

Re: Restoring SNMP Settings

What did you find in the doc?

Anonymous

Hi David,

you can try to isolate only the snmp related content of the original switch and then upload the content including the headline of the section.

Can you post both switch types and FOS versions. This will give a better view of your issue.

Regards,

Andreas

Anonymous

Both switches are Brocade 4024 blades for C Class Chassis with FOS v6.2.2c. A search on the configupload -all output file does not even list SNMP settings... so they are not being captured via the configupload process. 

Anonymous

I havn't got these switch types. I assume that snmp settings will be covered by the Bladecenter management console and not by the switches it self.

I hope this helps.

Andreas

Anonymous

No, the switches manage their own SNMP settings... they use the same firmware as pretty much all the rest of the switches.

Thanks,

David

Anonymous

run the configshow command and check which lines you get back starting with snmp

Then copy only these lines including the correct headline into a new file and load it back to the switch.

This is thw way it is working on my switches.

Sometimes the headline is or

this depends on FOS code level and switch type. I haven't got any 40xx switches.

Andreas

Join the Broadcom Support Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.