For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Management Software

Anonymous

Re: IBM / Brocade network advisor High Availbility

3 Switch in total , 2 switches ( FAB and FAB B ) In primary site and 1 switch ( FAB C ) in DR site .with FC to FC Routing configured for FAB A and FAB C.  and the management server in my case are VM (2008 R2)

External Moderator

I just discussed about the entire Thread with Brocade Support..

Now I know the answer, but I preferred that Brocade give you one, Please have be patience.

Nevertheless.... it was a very interesting discussions.

Thank you.

Antonio

TechHelp24
Anonymous

figures crossed  ,

Former Brocadian

Greetings gowhar.  What I'm trying to understand from your inquiries, 'why' the need to failover to a new DR.  The reason I'm asking is, lets say you experience a fabric outage (ie natural disaster occurs, power outage and generator failure), in this scenario, you would need a complete redundant fabric at your DR site for this scenario to be applicable.  If we are talking just a down server, in that scenario, either suggestion/recommendation of:

1. restoring a backup of the BNA database to a new install of BNA from the one that went down.
  2. Following the MS-Cluster option

So my personal recommendation would be option #1.  My reasoning, option #2, the failover can take just as long as doing option #1.  The only downside to #1 is you have to have a new server ready to go.

So again, if you could add just a bit more information that would be helpful to give you a 'brocade perspective' answer.

Regards,

Mike Eversole
Brocade Community Manager

Join the Broadcom Support Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.