The Water Cooler

Expand all | Collapse all

PXE-DHCP handshake not happening for systems connected to brocade VDX6740 switches but DHCP works

• 1.  PXE-DHCP handshake not happening for systems connected to brocade VDX6740 switches but DHCP works

Posted Sep 23, 2018 03:34 PM

Hello,

I've been scratching my head on this issue for a while and haven't had much success.

The strange thing is that this was working at some point but no longer ...

we have a dual BR-VDX6740 setup and the PXE-DHCP handshake no longer works. The DHCP server does not see the requests when PXE kicks in. I use PXE to install the systems via FAI and I had this working at one point.

If I configure the network on a working system (connected to the BR-VDX6740 switches) with DHCP instead of static addressing, then dhcp works fine.

Some routing issue perhaps but it only occurs with PXE.

Anyone out there with a clue ? I'm losing my hair on this one ...

Thanks,

Sylvain

#TheWaterCooler

• 2.  Re: PXE-DHCP handshake not happening for systems connected to brocade VDX6740 switches but DHCP works

Community Manager
    Posted Sep 25, 2018 10:35 AM

@sylvainmilot

I would try asking the same question over on the Extreme Community.  Most of the community members who were on the Brocade Community have migrated for this product line.

The VDX Switch line was acquired by Extreme Networks, please post your question on the Extreme Community located on their VDX Forum 

Thanks

Jason

Community Manager

#TheWaterCooler