The Water Cooler

• 1.  Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet teaming issue on Windows 10

Posted May 07, 2019 05:54 PM
      |   view attached

Hi,

Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet (1 port) NIC teaming has been configured on 21 HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF workstations running Windows 10. Recently we start experiencing some dropouts which is causing lots of grief because the system is now unstable. We have one site that is stable because both NICs (teamed) are connected to one switch rather 2. Other sites both NICs (teamed) are connected to 2 seperate switches to obviously redundency. Below is details fo the NIC:

Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet
    Broadcom Corporation
    Driver date: 12/09/2013
    Driver Version: 16.8.1.0
    Driver Details: c:\windows\system32\drivers\b57nd60a.sys

I have also attached some files and please let me know if I need to send further details.

Best regards,

Negash Tsihira

#TheWaterCooler

Attachment(s)

• 2.  Re: Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet teaming issue on Windows 10

Posted May 08, 2019 10:25 AM

@Negash 

I assume this is a embedded NIC on MotherBoard, for support you have to open a call by MB vendor

#TheWaterCooler

• 3.  Re: Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet teaming issue on Windows 10

Posted May 08, 2019 04:44 PM

Hi Antonio,

Thank you for getting back to me. The Broadcom NICs are not embedded on Motherboard, the embedded one is a single Intel NIC. The other thing I tried to find the latest drivers for these Broadcom NICs but unfortunately unable to find any driver. Can you please provide me the proper Broadcom support? I am based in Melbourne, Australia and I tried to one of Broadcom distributors and I was advised to contact Singapore. I tried the Singapore number and it is going to someone's voicemail. Why is it difficualt to find any support from Broadcom. Broadcom's website's need to be updated because one of the distributor advise me that they no longer support Broadcom products.

Can you please provide me the link to the latest driver if there is any? Otherwise please provide me a reliable contact number or email address?

Thank you for your help again.

Best regards,

Negash Tsihira

#TheWaterCooler

• 4.  Re: Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet teaming issue on Windows 10

Posted May 08, 2019 08:21 PM

• 5.  Re: Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet teaming issue on Windows 10

Posted May 09, 2019 05:01 PM

Thank you Antonio

#TheWaterCooler