The Water Cooler

• 1.  Access Denied almost everywhere ?

Posted Sep 04, 2018 05:07 AM

Hello.

It seems that I keep getting access denied on most of the forums related to Brocade.

For example this URL returns an access denied : https://community.brocade.com/t5/Ethernet-Fabric-VDX-CNA/SFP-modules-and-licensing-for-VDX/td-p/23569

Like most of the links I can find on Google.

Is this expected ?

Thank you.

#TheWaterCooler

• 2.  Re: Access Denied almost everywhere ?

Community Manager
    Posted Sep 04, 2018 08:10 AM

@KLog

Sounds like a corporate firewall issue that happens when the domain is blocked.   We are not experiencing any issues from the platform level.   I checked your link on my corporate LAN and external tmobile cell phone with no issues.   I would check with your IT Department to make sure there are not blocks for community.broadcom.com or community.brocade.com.

Thanks

Jason

@Jason McClellan

#TheWaterCooler

• 3.  Re: Access Denied almost everywhere ?

Posted Sep 04, 2018 12:34 PM

I get the same thing. 404 errors to all the pages I used to get to on this site.

#TheWaterCooler

• 4.  Re: Access Denied almost everywhere ?

Community Manager
    Posted Sep 05, 2018 07:20 AM

@KLog@Antonio Bongiorno

Sorry, I wasn't looking at the URL.    During the transition to Broadcom many of our products were divested to other companies who acquired the product lines.   In this case of Ethernet Switches and Routers - Extreme should have the content you are looking for on their community.   The content that used to reside on the Brocade Community was packaged and delivered to the Extreme Community for integration.

During the transition, the content was hidden with directs to some of the new communities.   We just archived all of the divested community links causing the 404 error.   My apologies.  

https://community.brocade.com/t5/Info-Feedback/Brocade-Community-Forums-Redirects-to-Extreme-Networks-Pulse/td-p/94984

Thanks

Jason

@Jason McClellan

#TheWaterCooler

• 5.  Re: Access Denied almost everywhere ?

Posted Sep 04, 2018 06:53 PM

Its not a corparate firewall problem, I get the same issues at home.

#TheWaterCooler

• 6.  Re: Access Denied almost everywhere ?

Posted Sep 05, 2018 12:51 AM

Hi @KLog and @Legacy User

please let me know, or better post here the exact URL from a page not reachable.

#TheWaterCooler