01-22-2009 04:45 PM
i'm trying to make a backup on a couple brocade 5000 switches. whenever i run the configupload command. it would fail with the message
below. I've tried uploading to multiple ftp server and all failed. FTP server is working properly because i've upload/download files, without any issues.
any idea why this is happening? am i missing something?
"configupload not permitted (ftp failed). Could not connect to remove host."
01-22-2009 05:12 PM
hi, thanks for the quick response.
I'm using the ip address of the ftp server. i've actually tried both, but with no luck.
Protocol (scp or ftp) : ftp
Server Name or IP Address : 10.244.139.209
User Name : calvin
File Name : config.txt
configUpload not permitted (ftp failed). Could not connect to remote host.
01-22-2009 05:24 PM
I just did this 2 weeks ago. When you ftp to that server are you chroot'd to your home directory?
I'm wondering if it's a permission issus with creating the file. Is there an ftp log so that you can verify you are getting logged in?
01-22-2009 05:30 PM
yes, confirmed. as you can see below, I can ftp using windows command prompt without any issues (logged in, create dir). just not the configupload command.... pretty strange.
C:\Documents and Settings\!doc!>ftp sjd-esn-02
Connected to SJD-ESN-02.corp.ebay.com.
220 Microsoft FTP Service
User (SJD-ESN-02.corp.ebay.com:(none)): administrator
331 Password required for administrator.
230 User administrator logged in.
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls.
01-20-09 04:59PM <DIR> calvin
01-22-09 02:52PM <DIR> calvin2
226 Transfer complete.
ftp: 95 bytes received in 0.00Seconds 95000.00Kbytes/sec.
ftp> mkdir test write
257 "test" directory created.
01-23-2009 10:55 AM
Sorry for all the questions, just trying to help.
1. Is there a firewall between the switch and ftp server?
2. Are you able to create files with the calvin user?
3. When you log in as the calvin user do you start in your home dir or the root?
4. Are the switch and ftp server on the same subnet, a routing issue maybe?
5. Can you ping from the switch to the ftp server? ping -c 3
01-23-2009 11:02 AM
no, dont be sorry at all... appreciate your help!
1. Is there a firewall between the switch and ftp server? no firewall. brocade and server is connected to the same private switch.
2. Are you able to create files with the calvin user? yes, am able to create directories and files using both administrator and calvin account.
3. When you log in as the calvin user do you start in your home dir or the root? i start in the root directory.
4. Are the switch and ftp server on the same subnet, a routing issue maybe? no, as both are on a private switch, with a 192.168.0.x address
5. Can you ping from the switch to the ftp server? ping -c 3 yes i can.