For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

Frequent Visitor
Accepted Solution

Update Path + download of the FOS v8.0.2.d ,v8.1.2b

Hi guys, 

I am new in my company and i was asigned to update our firmware version  from FOS 7.4.1c to FOS v8.x.

I dont have a lot of expirence with brocade but anyway i somehow have to learn like you all did.

In one pdf.file i found that Upgrade Path to Brocade for Open Systems Environments should be 
*7.4.1c - > FOS 8.0.2.d  -> FOS 8.1.2b*

We use Brocade 6505 and Brocade 6547 (also known as Flex System FC5022) and 2 system storage from IBM SAN24B-4 and System Storage SAN06B-R which are end of life and they can't be updated to the newest version. 

I would like to update them all to have a newest version and in case 2 System storages cant be on the same version as our Brocade i was wondering if they would still be compatible with Brocade 6505,6547?

IF THAT IS A RIGHT Path for update can someone give me direct connection to download Update versions, 
Release Notes i already found. 

Best Regards, AB

Highlighted
Broadcom

Re: Update Path + download of the FOS v8.0.2.d ,v8.1.2b

You should contact the OEM that you bought the SAN switches from and you should get the firmware from them.

FOS is no longer available for without Active Maintenance Contract with Broadcom - please reach out to your OEM.

As far as compatibility goes with IBM equipment, please check the following document : https://www.broadcom.com/products/fibre-channel-networking/software/fabric-operating-system#tab-current-drivers2 

Best regards

C

Join the Broadcom Support Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.