For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor
Accepted Solution

Unable to launch Fabric Insight Portal

[ Edited ]

I have  build a new server to  host the CMCNE as the old server is EOW. 

The configuration completed succesfully.  I am able to launch Fabric Insight Portal from the new server. But am unable to lauch from any other server or desktop.  Like am able to open locally , not globally.

Do we need to configure any other settings to launch the Fabric Insight Portal from my desktop / any other server. ?

External Moderator

Re: Unable to launch Fabric Insight Portal

@k_saul 

did you have configured the AMP with the fabric Insight Portal ?

TechHelp24
Contributor

No, we haven't configured AMP. 

Highlighted
External Moderator

Fabric Insight Portal overview
The Fabric Insight Portal (FIP) provides high-level overview of a network utilizing dashboards and reports. The Fabric Insight Portal’s
main window contains a number of areas. The following are the various areas, and descriptions listed below.
• Fabric Insight Portal login page — Displays the login page.
• Feature icons — Displays the detail for the feature selected in the left.
– Dashboard
– Flows
– Collections
– Inventory
– Events
– Preferences
– Settings
• Logout icon
Licenses
You must meet the following licensing requirements to monitor devices running AMP OS 2.2.0 or later.
Management application license
License keys are encoded form of supported configuration or features. License keys verify ownership of the Management application
software as well as determine the maximum port count allowed or any additional features that you receive as part of the license.
The Fabric Insight Portal is available for Professional, Professional Plus and Enterprise editions; however, the Professional edition does
not support the Performance widgets in the dashboard that do not contain data. The Fabric Insight Portal support is not available for SMI
Agent only installation.
NOTE
If you exceed the maximum port count for your version, software functionality is impacted and you must reduce the port count
through discovery or contact your vendor to purchase an additional license for your version.
If your License expires or changes, an error message displays.
Brocade Network Advisor SAN with AMP User Manual, 14.4.0
53-1005380-01 393
Fabric Insight Portal Advanced Analytics Management license
To manage devices through Management application 14.1.0 or later, you must install the Fabric Insight Portal Advanced Analytics
Management (AAM) license in the Brocade Analytics Monitoring Platform running AMP OS 2.1.0 or later. This BNA release has been
restricted to advanced AMP capabilities, such as flow metrics monitoring, collection, and aggregation to a single Management application
instance at the logical switch level.
Prerequisites
Following sections explain the prerequisites for the Brocade Analytics Monitoring Platform.

TechHelp24
Contributor

Thanks for  the response. 

My question is, 

-- I can launch the fabric insight portal from the server I hosted the CMCNE ( Windows Server)

-- I  am not able to  launch the Fabric insight portal from my desktop. something is preventing the communication . Or I doubt I miss some configuration steps, which will help to launch the GUI from any desktop with in the network. 

Super Contributor

I guess that firewall is blocking ports. Because of that you may reach FI only locally.
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Marian Bezeg
Contributor

yes, you are right. the Firewall was the problem. By default it was showing 80 and 443 is  open and listening. but when I did a test , it was failing. 

Starting portqry.exe -n 10.195.1.153 -e 443 -p TCP ...

Querying target system called:

Attempting to resolve IP address to a name...

IP address resolved to **filtered**.**filtered**.**filtered**.com

querying...

TCP port 443 (https service): FILTERED
portqry.exe -n 10.195.1.153 -e 443 -p TCP exits with return code 0x00000002.

So we need to add the firewall rule . 

rem Open TCP Port 443 inbound and outbound
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Zoo TCP Port 443" dir=in action=allow protocol=TCP localport=443
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Zoo TCP Port 443" dir=out action=allow protocol=TCP localport=443

Join the Broadcom Support Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.