For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

Anonymous

Re: Replace standby CP on 48000 causing I/O interruption?

Hi ,

Will slotpoweroff on stanby CP will cause I/O interruptions in the event HA is out of sync. But logically, since the active CP is taking care the switch why this would cause I/O interruption.

Regards,

Mahen

Super Contributor

Mahen,

--->>>Will slotpoweroff on stanby CP will cause I/O interruptions in the event HA is out of sync. But logically, since the active CP is taking care the switch why this would cause I/O interruption.

This Threads is 4 Years Old and last Post 3 years ago.

What you want to say us with your Post ? Is this a question ?

Anonymous

I think Mahendran was searching in the web regarding his doubt and he found this thread. so he started asking this question.Am I right Mahendran?

If not , then  you can start a new thread , if you have this query.

<<Will slotpoweroff on stanby CP will cause I/O interruptions in the event HA is out of sync>>

No, as you have mentioned logically the active CP is taking care of the SW.

Think, you powered off the stdbyCP, if , again if ....the active CP goesdown, then....there will be chaos, is not it? because There is no stdby CP now and even if it is there it is not in HAsync.

Now I request you to start a new thread regarding ur queries and this forum has many experts, who have 10+ yrs of experiences in Brocade products to guide you.

Anonymous

Yes. I have just tested it and eventhough the CPs are not in synced there will be no I/Os interruption if the standby CP is pulled off.

Highlighted
Anonymous

You are right

I appreciate your practical experiences in this thread. This type of practical experiences will boost confidence in SAN admins' mind .

Ok , but pls start a new thread always . Do not open  the threads, which are very old.

Thanks a gain for ur practical input in this forum

Join the Broadcom Support Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.