For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

External Moderator

Re: Propagate IP switch address through the fabric

this is a option to discovery again the NEW Switch IP, but i would first accurate make a backup from entire config.

Another option is, if you have a patience to wait approximately 2--3 day, I can try to do that in my LAB, however at the moment all our Switches and all fabric's are down, because I'm on going to move the entire DC from One Location to another.

TechHelp24
Anonymous

I have configurations saved for all the switches every day. So the only option is to remove the entire fabric from the DCFM and add it again. It seems that I cannot remove only some switches from the DCFM but an entire fabric.

External Moderator

Mugur.

-->>It seems that I cannot remove only some switches from the DCFM...

that is strong to me.

You should be able to remove a single switch at a time without a problem, and I'm quite sure is not necessary to remove the entire config, when a user want to remove and/or add new switch in the Fabric.

That make no sense to me.

TechHelp24
Anonymous

In the Discover Setup screen in DCFM when I click on a switch the option Delete is grayed out. I am only able to delete an entire fabric. For a specific switch I only have options "Add Host" and "Edit" and for a fabric I have the options "Add Fabric", "Add Host", "Delete", "Change Seed Switch" and "Unmonitor".

External Moderator

have you tried first to select the Features Unmonitor and the try to remove from ?

Seed Switch is

and as the Feature say, "Change Seed Switch" you should be able to change it with another one, without to removed the entire config.

Again, for me not make sense that the only way to change some IP is, to remove the entire config.

TechHelp24
Anonymous

Now I did but still only options I have for a single switch are "Add Host" and "Edit". I think I will open a case to Brocade (through HP because all switches are HP enclosure switches).

External Moderator

Mugur,

->I think I will open a case to Brocade

well, this is a very wise decision.

Please post here a workaround when you have a solutions.

TechHelp24
External Moderator

Mugur,

I had a call with Brocade SE for another issue, and we talk about you problem.

he say, in DCFM is a features/option called "Track Fabric Change", this features should be able to discovery changed Switch IP.

Have you tried to do that ?

TechHelp24
Anonymous

Yes, there is such an option for an entire fabric and it is checked. In the Discover Setup screen for the switches that I changed the IPs the Discovery Status is "Discovered: Not Reachable: SNMP communication failed: SNMP credentials may be invalid".

External Moderator

when you say you get the error:

->Not Reachable: SNMP communication failed: SNMP credentials may be invalid".

you can open the Switch TAB, and edited again username and password. At this point DCFM Discover should be able to find the Switch with new IP.

TechHelp24

Join the Broadcom Support Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.