For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

May I know what is the release age for OS 8.1.2a and if we have an estimate how many are using it?

Question1:

May I know what is the release age for OS 8.1.2a and if we have an estimate how many are using it?

Question2:

is 8.1.2a is proven fix for defect FCIP tunneling on OS 7.4.x issue for bug 000637863 ?

BR,

Siegfred

Frequent Contributor

Re: May I know what is the release age for OS 8.1.2a and if we have an estimate how many are using it?

[ Edited ]
Both kind of questions would be usually answered in the release notes (except "how many")
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: May I know what is the release age for OS 8.1.2a and if we have an estimate how many are using it?

Hello,

as per release notes.

FOS release November 17, 2017

Defect is closed by 8.1.2 with workaround.

Defect ID: DEFECT000637863
Technical Severity: High Probability: Medium
Product: Brocade Fabric OS Technology Group: Extension
Reported In Release: FOS7.4.1 Technology: FCIP - Fibre Channel over IP
Symptom: BR7840 or SX6 Extension Tunnel stopped passing traffic causing extended sequences to timeout.
Condition: When one the tunnel is defined with either deflate or aggressive deflate mode for either FC or IP
extension traffic, there are conditions that can lead to the compression engines stalling (causing the IO
timeouts).
Workaround: Disable deflate or aggressive deflate compression on the tunnel for all protocols (or enable fastdeflate mode for the FC traffic flows and have no compression on the IP Extension flows).

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Marian Bezeg

Join the Broadcom Support Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.