For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Link my switches to my account

I'm having issues getting my 'In Support' switches linked to my Borcade account.

My reseller was Dell and they can see the swithces in their Brocade portal as in support and asked that I contact Brocade; which is proving to be the most difficult support process I've ever experienced.

The support@brocade.com doesn't work.

The web support form that I filled in on 2 separate occassions has not been responded to in over 3 weeks.

Dell keep bopuncing me back to Brocade.

Can someone please tell me how on earth I can email support to get this issue sorted?

External Moderator

Re: Link my switches to my account

@toprock

if you have purchased the switch trough DELL/EMC, the same with Support and Maintenance Contract , then you have to open a TAC with DELL/EMC

--->>>The support@brocade.com doesn't work.

....@brocade.com domain/email are not longer available.

--->>>Dell keep bopuncing me back to Brocade.

--->>>Can someone please tell me how on earth I can email support to get this issue sorted?

Sure, forward this answer to DELL support, or send me a PM with the email and contact from DELL included any Case Number i'll be happy to give the Guy's some instructions.

TechHelp24
Regular Contributor

Hm. Having worked at both Dell and Brocade, I can say that I have never heard of asking a customer to contact Brocade directly.

Dell was quite some time ago though.

On the pull tab on the switch, does it show a Dell service tag? If so, Dell should be responsible for support.

New Contributor

Thank you Antonio.

I have email your replay to my Dell support contact and will PM you the their details with support ticket number
New Contributor

Thank you for you reply.

I have provided Dell with the service tag, unit serial number and the WWN of the units.
They can see the switches from their Brocade portal but they don't seem to be able to help me link my own Brocade account to them. Every time I add the serial numbers the Brocade portal indicates there's no support yet Dell have sent me a screen shot of what they see in their portal which states the switches are in support.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Is Dell sending you here for downloads? If so, then this makes sense. We always used Brocades downloads for FOS, etc. For EMC, that was different. We used EMCs support for FOS downloads. (It depended on who the seller was. Dell or EMC, which now, I suppose, is more complicated because EMC *is* Dell now...)

Join the Broadcom Support Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.