11-28-2012 08:31 PM
We've a server port generating excessive ITW errors at the switch port.
As part of analysis, we've temporarily blocked the switch port and replaced the SFP.
Even after replacing the SFP I could see more ITW errors at the switch port end.
Could someone please tell me what would be the likely cause for this? Do a cable move to another port is required?
We're planning to replace the respective windows server HBA card. Is that a good option to proceed?
Thanks for your time,
09-11-2018 03:13 AM
Brocade MAPS came with same on a IBM TapeLib TS4300 drive
At a sudden stage , the port came in status SYNC
Cleaned cable ends, wired another cable, reconfigured the port & Tapedrive with fixed speed 8gb & N-port (instead of mixed N/Loop mode) on drive side but it had no impact
I swapped cables among TapeDrives (there are 2 inside) and the problem remained on the underneath tapedrive.
I decided to reset the Tdrive and after that the Tdrive correctly logged in and status is ONL
04-29-2019 02:43 AM - edited 04-29-2019 02:44 AM
I regot 2 reccocurances. Decided to clean the whole path.
Used my netfluke IBC cleaner 1.25 mm for the cable & the IBC Cleaner MPO for the tapdrive ports, PP ports (Tapeside & switchside)
Not a single enc out event after 4 days.