For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Visitor
Accepted Solution

How to replace old blade with new blad on DCX 8510-8

Hi All,
I'm a service provider. One of my customers bought new blades for his DCX 8510-8 Director. several of them will fit in free slots and several will replace old blades.

I understand that the ones who will fit to new slots are easy to install. Just plug them in. right?
What with the ones that need to be replaced? How should the customer prepare? What are the building blocks of the activity?
what is the best way to transfer the configuration from the old blade to the new one?
Is there document for that procedure?
THX, Noam

Regular Contributor

Re: How to replace old blade with new blad on DCX 8510-8

How to answer will depend greatly on what blades are being added and what blades are being changed.

If it's just connectivity blades being added, there shouldn't be any issues.

If it's just connectivity blades being changed, there also shouldn't be any issues save for the disconnecting and re-connecting of fibre cables. Note that if domain/index zoning is in place, the cables must be plugged into the same slot/port.

If FICON is being used, this should be planned out more extensively.

As far as configurations are concerned, if it's just connectivity blades being added and swapped, there also shouldn't be any issues.

I would recommend one blade at a time while monitoring a console or cli session.

Regular Contributor

Re: How to replace old blade with new blad on DCX 8510-8

I would recommend running a SANHealth report as a starting point.

Join the Broadcom Support Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.