For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

Re: How to register switch in ag mode with the fabric

Hi, Jan!

I can't clearly answer the question.

But in my oppinion - no.

The BNA haven't any functionality for manage AG features, besides common fabric devices performance and monitoring.

But I may be wrong...

Contributor

Hi Antonio,

I think you overlooked that this command is executed on the Edge Switch to which the switch in AG mode is connected.

The output should look like this (takenfrom Fabric OS Command References, v7.4.1):

To display all Access Gateways attached to the fabric:
switch:admin> agshow
Worldwide Name             Ports Enet IP Addr Firmware \
----------------------------------------------------\
10:00:00:05:1e:02:b7:2c 16 10.32.173.62 v6.4.0   \
10:00:00:05:1e:04:06:ae 24 10.32.173.64 v6.4.0   \
10:00:00:05:1e:04:06:ae 24 10.32.173.51 v6.4.0   \

Local/Remote Name
----------------------------------
local  L5D_B10_4016_1
local  L5D_B14_4024_1
local  L5D_B13_200_AG

The switches in AG Mode are well configured (portgroup, mappings,..) so that's not the problem.

Anyway thanks you have been looking into this.

Best regards,

Jan C

External Moderator

to be honest, I ask from output you currect and real config, and not from snipset from any Brocade guide :-)

but if you are the opinion I should overlooked somethings,...... is ok so.

TechHelp24
Broadcom Moderator

Hi Jan,

the AG should be reported when running "agshow --local" on the switch where the AG is connected.  Or on any switch in the fabric (non ag), running "agshow".  There are two points which we can check

1. Ports where AGs is connected should have NPIV enabled (portcfgNPIVport)

Or do you have any entries in the ACL for the management service on the switch were you have AGs connected and where you run the "agshow --local", command?

2. Please type the CLI "msconfigure" and select the option (1).  if you have entries in ACL, it block queries from BNA and the switch.

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Contributor

Martin,

Thanks a lot for your reply. We had NPIV enabled on the ports where the AG was connected (so Point 1 in your reply was ok) but we had a dummy wwpn in the msconfigure ACL in order to block SANsurfer and similar tools.

So my solution was to add the wwpns of the switches in AG mode to this ACL list. This is done by typing the CLI "msconfigure" and select the option (2)

After this the AG's were visible via the agshow command (or agshow --local).

The AG's were also discovered by BNA.

Once again thanks a lot for solving this problem for me.

Best regards,

Jan C.

Join the Broadcom Support Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.