For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

How to Dell M1000e Blade 6505 Configurations

Hi all ;

we have 2 piece brocade 6505 san switch. its working with Dell M1000e chassis. and there are 2 piece backbone brocade in environment. Backbones connected in each other with ISL. we connected to backbone with blade chassis uplink ports. And what we want from this operation is that : “ Transfer servers WWN numbers to Backbone.” I read pdf and i learn that If i use  “ACCESS GATEWAY” mode (its default) can i  transfer Servers WWN numbers to Backbone?

What should i pay attention in this operation? Is it best way for my operation?

Super Contributor

Re: How to Dell M1000e Blade 6505 Configurations

Hello,

Are you using AG currently in your blade switches?

What do you mean under term "Tranfser server wwn"?

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Marian Bezeg
New Contributor

We would like to transfer the wwn nodes of the blade servers running on the Dell M1000e chassis to the san switches running on the opposite side.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello,

could you please verify if you are currently running AG mode on blade switches? (check switchshow output for switch mode)

Switches in your blade chassis may work in native switch mode where the switches will be parts of SAN fabrics. Blade switches will be connected with backbone via E-Ports. (switch will be part of fabric so each reboot of enclousre will do fabric rebuild)

In AG mode you've to map server "backbone ports" to frontend ports of your blade swithces. In this case you will see blade ports as N-Ports on your SAN backbone DCX switch.

I still dont understand how you want to transfer WWNs to DCX switch....for blade chassis you need to have blade switch.

There is not possiblity to provide SAN to blade switches withot blade switch.

There is only two options here, use switch in native or AG mode. 

Can you please explain what you want achive with an move ? I assume that you want to use AG mode to have WWNs in attached as N-Port on Backbone DCX ?

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Marian Bezeg

Join the Broadcom Support Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.