For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

Regular Visitor

How do unconfigure an ISL Connection??

Hello,

I am in need of unconfiguring ISL Connections.  I have 2 fabrics, in each fabric I have 1 6505 and 1 G620. Ports 0/4 are being used on the 6505 SAN and Ports 19/23 are used on the G620 SAN.  I would like to remove the 6505 from the fabric.  What steps would I take to accomplish this?

Thanks so much for any info that can be provided.. 

Highlighted
Broadcom Moderator

Re: How do unconfigure an ISL Connection??

The command is "portcfgeport 0/4 0" will disable the port 0/4 from becoming an E port(ISL). To reverse this use the same command with a 1 at the end to enable the port as an E port again. 

See the FOS command reference for full explanation. 

doc

Any and all information provided by me is for entertainment value and should not be relied upon as a guaranteed solution or warranty of mechantability. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a concern about data loss, or network disconnection, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, Please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Join the Broadcom Support Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.