For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Fabric vision

Hello,

I need to install Fabric Vision for my customer who get the license.

How it's works ?  It's a software to install on a server or we manage this using BNA (Network Advisor) ?

Guy

External Moderator

Re: Fabric vision

@guybearn 

Fabric Vision ( AKA, Fabric Watch, Performance Monitoring ) is a FOS features to enable and configure MAPS,

and must be licensed for each switch.

https://www.broadcom.com/products/fibre-channel-networking/software/storage-fabrics-technology#overview

Is not a Software or external application tools, but can be managed trough BNA

TechHelp24
Frequent Contributor

Re: Fabric vision

Brocade/Broadcom offers a Flow Vision Configuration Guide for each FOS level.

You can download the guide for the specific FOS level being used by your customer.

Flow Vision does take some studying (in my opinion) to understand all the bells and whistle.

Flow monitor, flow mirror and flow generator are some of the features in Flow Vision.

In its simplest form you can enable MAPS with conservative alert policy setting and have

the alerts sent to RASlog, email and/or SNMP.

The comments and advise included are the author's and do not mirror the views and opinions of any company. Any comments, advise, statements or references are without warranty, liability or claims of expertise. You should seek the assistance of the professional entity for subject matter being pursued.

Join the Broadcom Support Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.