For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

Anonymous

Re: DS24M2 manual?

In past, both neergcm and redips have worked, and returned the {P} SSP> prompt. I have attempted the PSWD command in the past, and it asks for new privileged password, then confirmation. Similar to entering PSWD command at C> but this changes the operator password. After changing both passwords, still unable to access web GUI with new ones. I have tried all passwords I have changed at web GUI login screen, along with level-2 and password. Nothing seems to have worked.

I apologize, I thought this had posted successfully several weeks ago. I took Ill then had several other projects that pulled me away.

Back on this project now, and still trying to get all the fiber ports talking to each other. I imagine a "factory defaults" reset will accomplish this for me. I have gathered that a reset to defaults will delete feature keys. I am still studying the manuals to learn which feature keys are available, and which ones I would want in place. For right now, just trying to get all the ports to talk.

Anonymous

That is correct, restting to factory defaults removes all installed keys and will return it to an 8 port base switch. The keys then need to be reapplied to re-enable all features installed on the switch. Ports come in 8 port on demand groups, so two keys are required to fully activate all the ports on your switch.

EFCM 7.xx is no longer available for download as far as I know since it was a McData product....

Anonymous

Ok, rules that out.

There seems to be quite a difference between the CLI commands I see when I prompt for help under the {P} SSP> login, and those listed in the M-EOSc Version 8.0.0 CLI manual. Is this the appropriate manual for this appliance? This is my first experience with a fabric switch build /config, so the more information I can get my hands on the better.

Thanks for the suggestion,

Eric

External Moderator

--->>> EFCM 7.xx is no longer available for download as far as I know since it was a McData product....

EFCM 7.x has never been as free download available , because it was a licensed software
TechHelp24
External Moderator

-Eric,

-->>> I see when I prompt for help under the {P} SSP> login, and those listed in the M-EOSc Version 8.0.0 CLI manual. Is this the appropriate manual for this appliance?

The CLI Manuals is intended to work beetwen the EOS, and not in the SSP prompt.

I wrote in answer number 7. Sep 18, 2009 12:49 PM, follow.

I have another procedure to reset the switch as factory Default , but....

...this procedure delete ALL License of the switch. If you have a License key, you can use this another procedure, if you don't have the license Key, the switch will become uselessly.

Here the Procedure to reset the password, trugh the COM Port.
Power switch On, login as "neergcm", at the prompt.

1) Enter pcp swoff then press return

2) Enter pcp nvreset them press return

3) Enter pcp swon then press return

NVRAM is Reset and password for Administrator is set to default now , ALL License are lost.

TechHelp24
Anonymous

Seems like I am left with a few options.

1. Copy or backup the license information from the switch, reset to defaults, then re-apply the licenses.

2. Persue a firmware upgrade which may reset the switch in similar fashion to option #1.

3. Use trial and error through the SSP commands to reset each port individually, then assign it to a global role within the switch.

Do any of these seem more or less likely in your experience? Again my goal is simply to have a 24 port fabric switch with every port talking to each other. Everything else is just a means toward that end.

Thanks for all the help so far,

Eric

External Moderator

eric,

you ask here for password reset procedure,and this is the procedure to reset the switch.

another procedure is not available, excepted you have a Active Maintentance Contract whit Brocade.

--->>> Again my goal is simply to have a 24 port fabric switch with every port talking to each other.

You can use all 24 Port only when all Port are Licensed.

TechHelp24
Anonymous

Performed reset of NVRAM as suggested. Switch reset successfully! Obtained the new IP (default 10.1.1.10) and logged into Web GUI with Administrator / password. Interface prompted me for establishment of new password, entered and now logged into web GUI control.

Thank you so much for all of the assistance.

I tried to explore the pricing of new "feature keys," but I seemed to experience issues between the registration form and my web browser. I'll try again today when schedule permits.

I greatly appreciate all of your help and patience, you are a great asset to the community. 

External Moderator

Eric,

Thanks for your compliments.

TechHelp24
Anonymous

Hi TechHelp24,

I am in a simlar situation now with ver 7.x on DS 24 M2.

I can login as admin, get ssp prompt.

Can run psp pwsd_reset, come with ok, but no login to switch with web as Administrator/password.

Can I get the feature info/license info from any PSP command, so that when I do the nvram reset, I can input feature/license info again ?

Thanks for your help in advance. Also where can I get the later verson of EOS for this model.

Thanks

Frizvi

Join the Broadcom Support Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.