10-05-2018 07:58 PM
We have 2 - 300 model (running individually A and B) live production and we recently brought 2 new 6505 with 24 ports (C and D).
All switches in the same rack in same data center.
We could like to extend A => C and B => D.
Any idea how to do this step by step? Any configuration needed?
Connect A => C with the LC-LC FC cable?
Connect B => D with the LC-LC FC cable?
(all units come with license).
2) What are the configuration needed so that A and C can communicate / B and D can communicate ?
Do we configure that at A and B or C and D??
Do we need to upgrade A and B (300-24) firmware, current version 6.0.2c?
Do we need to upgrade C and D (6505-24) firmware, current version 8.0.2c?
3) For normal zoning setup, do we then use A and B or C and D to set that up?
4) License infor for A and B
Second Ports on Demand license - additional 8 port upgrade license
Enhanced Group Management license
8 Gig FC license
Full Ports on Demand license - additional 16 port upgrade license
5) License info for C and D (24 ports)
Ports on Demand license - additional 12 port upgrade license
6) After it connection will A and B (300-64), live production, will become princinple or C and D (6505-24) will become principle ?
10-08-2018 11:48 PM