For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

Anonymous

Re: Cannot enable ports on Storageworks SAN switch 2/16V

Yes, the port #2 was in Port_Flt when the SFP was in the switch

And yes, you´re right, some dude thought that putting a A3724A was a great idea, and now we have to deal with it. It has no management, no zonning, no nothing!!

So if you look that way, the old fashioned Brocade 16 Ports is like a Ferrari :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks guys for the answers

Anonymous

Antonio,

I have just finished installing the FOS updates to the switch, first 4.4.0c and them 4.4.1a, but still, when i issue the command diagEnablePost the switch goes to faulty and all the ports to Disable.

So i think the switch has, and always had a hardware problem, but previous administrators didn´t care about it, so i´ll try to find other FOS updates and try, but if it didn´t work, it´s the only switch we have, so it will have a nice diagDisablePost on it.

Thanks for the help!

Valued Contributor

well, A3724A doesn't really need any management, because it's just a HUB :)
and in a way, it has some management. did you try connecting with rs-232? if you have the latest ;) firmware, it will even allow you to configure an IP address on the ethernet port and then configure some SNMP details! it will even send you traps when any links are going up/down! isn't that just great? :)
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

well that's a workaround.

just beware that the switch will never try doing any self diagnostics on the boot, and therefore, if some further errors will appear, it might misbehave and you'll only know that when it will go live.

so take care.

Join the Broadcom Support Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.