For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

Brocade 8Gb switch for IBM BLADECenter

Hello,

I have problem with switch.

After upgrade from 6.4.2b to 7.0.0c

when I logon to switch by  root I have this :

* Fabric OS has detected frequent switch reboot condition. *
* Following actions can be taken to recover the switch: *
* - remove or replace any problem blades (if applicable to *
* platform). *
* - use supportsave to collect supportsave data. *
fabsys device open: No such device or address
Raslog Module Initialisation failed rc=-1
fabsys device open: No such device or address

Regards,

Roger

Broadcom Moderator

Re: Brocade 8Gb switch for IBM BLADECenter

Do what it tells you to do:

- use supportsave to collect supportsave data. *

Open a case with IBM, describe the fault and send the supportsave to them. 

doc

Any and all information provided by me is for entertainment value and should not be relied upon as a guaranteed solution or warranty of mechantability. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a concern about data loss, or network disconnection, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, Please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Brocade 8Gb switch for IBM BLADECenter

IBM no longer supports the IBM Bladecenter or FCSMs within.   Support was transitioned to Lenovo over 2 years ago

when Lenovo bought IBM's System X product line.  Support call should be directed to Lenovo.

Checking the Lenovo site ( https://datacentersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/servers/bladecenter) and arbitrarily selecting Chassis type H, the latest Brocade f/w is 7.0.2d6 for 8Gb FCSM.  I do not see the version v7.0.0c listed.

The comments and advise included are the author's and do not mirror the views and opinions of any company. Any comments, advise, statements or references are without warranty, liability or claims of expertise. You should seek the assistance of the professional entity for subject matter being pursued.

Join the Broadcom Support Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.