Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition

View Only
  • 1.  Antivirus solution for Windows 2012 R2 Essentials

Posted Feb 24, 2015 05:48 AM

Looking for an antivirus solution to run on a Windows 2012 R2 Essentials server and clients. Will Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition 2013 run on this (either Cloud and on-premises edition)?

Looking through the system requirements I couldn't see whether Windows 2012 R2 Essentials is supported.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Antivirus solution for Windows 2012 R2 Essentials

Posted Feb 24, 2015 06:18 AM

Let me check the release notes,

even with the latest 12.1.5, WE 2008 is supported, you need to wait till 12.1.6 or higher, will get to know only after its released.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH224712

subscribe to this news letter

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/email-notification-about-symantec-product-updates

• 3.  RE: Antivirus solution for Windows 2012 R2 Essentials

Posted Feb 24, 2015 07:50 AM

Not stated in the requirements but have you tried to install it?

• 4.  RE: Antivirus solution for Windows 2012 R2 Essentials

Posted Feb 24, 2015 01:07 PM

I have a VM of this server OS that I set up last week for a client implementation in the early summer.

I opened my Symantec Management console on the server, selected the client, clicked "Add Computer," and let the starter download run through to completion.  The server required a reboot after installation finished.

Looking at the cloud icon in the system tray reveals that Attention is needed.  Funny, but clicking "Fix" ran for about as long as the complete install...

Appears to be running without any issues.

• 5.  RE: Antivirus solution for Windows 2012 R2 Essentials

Posted Mar 01, 2015 07:19 PM

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like it will work but I am hesitant about using it until it is fully supported just incase there are any problems.