Workflow Soluiton

View Only
  • 1.  Workflow - Pause Workflow Execution Hangs when DeBugging

Posted Jan 16, 2015 11:28 AM

Like the title states, my Pause Workflow Execution hangs when I'm in DeBugging mode.

I have tried this fix:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH41447&profileURL=https%3A%2F%2Fsymaccount-profile.symantec.com%2FSSO%2Findex.jsp%3FssoID%3D1421424862062ke1NQjIFUs9090rwGbdgPX4wvxC10U8kJAtqk

No luck.

My version is: 7.5.6183.15

Can anyone else replicate this issue or know a fix?

• 2.  RE: Workflow - Pause Workflow Execution Hangs when DeBugging

Posted Jan 16, 2015 11:31 AM

Does it work as expected when published?  Are there any errors in the logs?

• 3.  RE: Workflow - Pause Workflow Execution Hangs when DeBugging

Posted Jan 16, 2015 12:29 PM

Not sure, I published it and now I am having issues with a different component that was working fine in DeBug.  I need to sort that out and I will get back to you.

• 4.  RE: Workflow - Pause Workflow Execution Hangs when DeBugging

Posted Jan 16, 2015 12:31 PM

Try to restart Workflow Service extensions (right-click the task try guy) and restart IIS.  Sometimes the engine just needs a kick.

• 5.  RE: Workflow - Pause Workflow Execution Hangs when DeBugging

Posted Jan 16, 2015 12:49 PM

No, I am using a "Get Directories" component, but my App Pool wasn't running with a windows account.  I sorted that out.

Now I can confirm that my Pause is hanging after published as well.

• 6.  RE: Workflow - Pause Workflow Execution Hangs when DeBugging

Posted Jan 19, 2015 02:05 PM

Hey Africo, have you been able to duplicate an issue with the Pause component?

• 7.  RE: Workflow - Pause Workflow Execution Hangs when DeBugging

Posted Jan 19, 2015 02:43 PM

I've seen issues with the Pause component before (the blue one), so I've swapped it out with the Diagnostics one (silver) in an effort to correct issues before.  That may have been a red herring though, as I haven't seen the guts of the two components (they may very well be exactly the same) and I had also attempted other untested fixes prior to swapping out the components, so one of the other adjustments may have been the actual fix for my issue.  One of the original Workflow internal developers mentioned once to me that the Pause components were problematic and sometimes broke, but that conversation took place in 2010, so that may not apply anymore.

Try swapping out the components, then have a look here and ensure your settings are all configured properly for timeouts:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/timeout-errors

• 8.  RE: Workflow - Pause Workflow Execution Hangs when DeBugging

Posted Jan 26, 2015 08:52 AM

I swapped to the Blue one and everything is working now.  I was using the Green one.

• 9.  RE: Workflow - Pause Workflow Execution Hangs when DeBugging

Posted Jan 26, 2015 11:31 AM

Ah - good deal; glad you got it working.