Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Methods for uninstalling Symantec Endpoint Protection

Posted May 30, 2012 04:42 PM

Hi everyone,

Symantec Support has just published a great knowledgebase article with detailed information on removing Symantec Endpoint Protection.

Removing Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) has been designed to be an easy process. However, because of the complexity of the SEP suite, there are several methods that can be used for product removal. This article presents all of those options, including methods and uninstall tools for situations when the usual uninstall method has failed.

More information...

• 2.  RE: Methods for uninstalling Symantec Endpoint Protection

Posted Jun 07, 2012 11:02 AM

Thank for this info.  Just FYI for anyone who is interested in creating their own script for not just uninstalling but also for downgrading their client to a different version I created an article that you can find in the link below.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/downgrading-sep-12-sep-11-remotely-enterprise-solution-windows-7-and-server-2008-only-ps-ne

• 3.  RE: Methods for uninstalling Symantec Endpoint Protection

Posted Jun 08, 2012 06:44 AM

Thanks all for those use full infos.

• 4.  RE: Methods for uninstalling Symantec Endpoint Protection

Posted Jun 29, 2012 02:20 AM

good...

• 5.  RE: Methods for uninstalling Symantec Endpoint Protection

Posted Jul 24, 2012 10:41 AM

Sometimes the recommended and preferred methods for uninstalling Symantec Endpoint Protection fail or do not work as expected

so that

NoNav is a Utility which is used to Uninstalling Norton Products and Symantec endpint protection products. "

• 6.  RE: Methods for uninstalling Symantec Endpoint Protection

Posted Jul 24, 2012 11:39 AM

@ Sami,

NoNav is no longer available, you will need the CleanWipe utility to remove SEP when other all other options fail.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/how-get-cleanwipe-tool-endpoint-removal

• 7.  RE: Methods for uninstalling Symantec Endpoint Protection

Posted Nov 04, 2012 11:16 AM

Good info.............

• 8.  RE: Methods for uninstalling Symantec Endpoint Protection

Posted Nov 11, 2012 08:03 PM

I am having difficulty removing Endpoint from a Win 7 workstation.

I purchased a used desktop which is giving me the odd strange reactions.  On searching the registry I found a number of entries relating to Symantec Endpoint although it is not installed on the system.  I can only assume that the previous owner used Endpoint and uninstalled it, perhaps improperly,which resulted in some of its keys being left in the registry.

I have downloaded the manual removal document and tried to remove the keys identified in it but find that I am being denied access to their removal. 

In the manual removal document I see it notes that prior to removal one must turn off tamper protection before starting removal, so perhaps tamper protection continues to work happily in the background even though Endpoint itself does not exist on the system.

Thinking outside the box I have tried to download a trial version of the program so that I can turn off tamper protection and remove Endpoint properly but alas the link on the website doesn't work bringing up a message "Reference code entered is for an expired offering - please enter another code" .

Have any ideas on a work around for my problem?

• 9.  RE: Methods for uninstalling Symantec Endpoint Protection

Posted Nov 28, 2012 04:39 PM

Thanks for posting.  This is definitely good info to have!  We have had multiple Macs that had problems after upgrading from 11 to 12 unless a removal tool was run before installing 12.

• 10.  RE: Methods for uninstalling Symantec Endpoint Protection

Posted Dec 07, 2012 10:15 AM

Hello Bazzah,

If manual removal is giving an error "Access Denied", it seems that the product is not uninstalled properly. You can run the CleanWipe Utility. If you Need to avail the tool you may have to call the technical support.

How to obtain the Cleanwipe utility

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO74877

• 11.  RE: Methods for uninstalling Symantec Endpoint Protection

Posted Dec 08, 2012 06:48 AM

Thanks for share.

• 12.  RE: Methods for uninstalling Symantec Endpoint Protection

Posted Jan 03, 2013 05:05 AM
    valuable info..

• 13.  RE: Methods for uninstalling Symantec Endpoint Protection

Posted Jan 18, 2013 10:21 AM

Thanks good info