Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEPM Remote Push Error Computer Browser Network Provider

Posted Apr 27, 2017 10:32 AM

I have been running Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 14 on my Windows 2012 server for about a month.  This week I started having issues during a remote push to clients.  At first it told me that the computer browser service was not running.  So I looked in Windows Services and found it disabled.  I enabled and started the service and tried again and received the following error that I am stuck on.  Network Provider: Microsoft Windows Network Error: The service has not been started.

No other details on the error message.  I have tried turning on network discovery and still receive the same error.  If I search the network for the client IP address I am able to push to the client, but I can no longer use the Browse Network tab in the Client Deployment Wizard.

Please help.

SEPM Version 14 MP1 build 2349 (14.0.2349.0100)

• 2.  RE: SEPM Remote Push Error Computer Browser Network Provider

Posted Apr 27, 2017 10:36 AM
    Can you run the SymDiag tool on it to do error/issue checking?

• 3.  RE: SEPM Remote Push Error Computer Browser Network Provider

Posted May 18, 2017 02:54 AM

I'm having exactly the same problem.

• 4.  RE: SEPM Remote Push Error Computer Browser Network Provider

Posted May 30, 2017 11:29 AM

Same problem here. Started today (5/30) after installing KB4019215 and KB4014510

• 5.  RE: SEPM Remote Push Error Computer Browser Network Provider

Posted Sep 13, 2017 09:45 AM

I'm having the same issue on Windows Server 2012 R2 and SEPM Version 14 MP2 build 2415 (14.0.2415.0200)  upgrade from v12 wich worked.

Computer Browser service is running, firewall disabled.... 

I have on server KB4014510. 

I use search and input pc name or ip but ... is there any fix to this ?

Thanks

• 6.  RE: SEPM Remote Push Error Computer Browser Network Provider

Posted Oct 13, 2017 05:44 PM

I'm having the same issue on Windows Server 2012 and SEPM Version 14 MP2 build 2415 (14.0.2415.0200)  upgrade from v14 MP1 two days ago, it worked a while after upgrade, and the problem occured yesterday. Called technical support, and didn't fix it. Just esscalated the case and waitting their response. Will let you know if they fix this problem.

Thanks

Eric

• 7.  RE: SEPM Remote Push Error Computer Browser Network Provider

Posted Oct 19, 2017 01:47 PM

So frustrating, after escalate the case, nobody contacted with me till now. When I call or email, I was told their manager is in a meeting or emergency meeting, that's ridiculous.

But finally, I fix the problem.

If you enabled the computer browser service already, please open Windows Command Prompt, and run command "net view", if you get the same error message, that means it's not a symantec problem, it's a network issue, casued by Master Browser. We recently update our some of workstations to Windows 10 1703, this version may casue the Master Browser stop working. After change the Master Browser to a workstation running Windows 10 1607, the problem gone.

https://partnersupport.microsoft.com/en-us/par_clientsol/forum/par_win/since-win10-creators-update-unable-to-do-net-view/9e9b5df5-e4b0-4c2f-8df2-c06e3ab08363?auth=1

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1add7d03-2bc0-4d1e-9248-fef090d9ba0e/anyone-else-notice-the-network-issues-with-windows-10-creators-edition?forum=win10itpronetworking

http://bucket-o-notes.blogspot.com/2013/06/find-master-browser-on-windows-7-machine.html

• 8.  RE: SEPM Remote Push Error Computer Browser Network Provider

Posted Apr 30, 2020 04:15 PM
    Please run network reset tool to see if it can resolve the issue: 1. Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network reset. 2. On the Network reset screen, select Reset now > Yes to confirm. 3. Wait for your server to restart and see if that fixes the problem. if it does not work than its means that Master Browser computer cannot be contacted or is not available. Master Browser is a specified machine in TCP/IP networks, that is responsible for collecting list of network resources in it`s subnet. If the list is collected. a Domain Master Browser is contacted to update the global list of all resources within all subnets. This global list is also being returned to the Master Browser in order to provide a full view of network resources. Master Browser functionality utilizes NetBT (NetBIOS over TCP/IP)