IT Management Suite

IT Management Suite - OS Platform Support  

Apr 09, 2013 12:52 PM

Full OS platform support

Official supportability matrices for the Symantec Management Platform and Altiris solutions included in IT Management Suite. Also, official full support statements for recently-released OS versions.

IT Management Suite 6.x/7.x/8.x Platform Support Matrix

Early support statements for client OS platforms

Early support statements are specific to endpoint/client OS platforms. They inform users what functionality is supported in the ITMS version available at the time the new OS update was released. Early support statements will be posted in this section a short time after a new OS platform is generally available. When known limitations are addressed for a particular OS platform, the corresponding full support statement will be posted in the section above this one. After that, early support statements will be kept in this section for a time, to assist customers who can't immediately upgrade to the ITMS version where full support is offered.

Legacy limited support information

Windows

Windows Embedded

Mac

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Apr 05, 2017 05:13 PM

With ITMS8 on ESXi65 and EFI clients also on ESXi65 (and also ESXi55, we skipped ESXi60), the PXE bootmenu is not displayed correctly in ITMS8; it only shows next device where a physical device does show all the PXE menu items.  So, building master images using ESXi65 is not possible with EFI.  BIOS clients do not have that issue.  I stopped trying this I think at HF5.  I have the following questions on this:

- Is this solved in 8.1?  I see ESXi65 is still not supported so I guess not.  Just want to be sure.

- Is this also the issue when we go to GSS3.x?  Certain parts of ITMS and GSS are the same, so I figure it is the same.  Want to be sure before I start trying.

Oct 21, 2016 11:54 AM

Early support statement for Server 2016 should be within a month of release so we are on track to have that very soon

Oct 18, 2016 05:16 AM

Hi 

Any informations about the official support of Windows Server 2016?

Thanks

Nov 28, 2013 07:57 AM

Marilou,

I was engaged in the creation of the suport statements -- Windows 8.1/Server 2012 R2 and OS X 10.9 were tested on 7.5 only.

Nov 28, 2013 03:45 AM

No comment.

Let's ask Symantec about that.

Oh! you are tag as Symantec Employee....

Nov 28, 2013 03:26 AM

HOWTO9965 states that support has not been included as those three OS's were not released at the time that the PDF was created; however, as the PDF is for 15th November 2013 and those OS's were released in October 2013, this does not make sense.

Nov 28, 2013 01:57 AM

Hi Billy Jean,

Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 and OS X 10.9 is not supported. You can also verify it on http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO9965 .

Regards,

Marilou

Nov 20, 2013 02:07 PM

Are these OS supported on 7.1 SP2 MP1.1?  Specifically the OS X 10.9

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.