Advanced Threat Protection

View Only

NEW Symantec Support Page! 

Jul 09, 2019 11:10 AM

Did you know Symantec has refreshed their Support page https://support.symantec.com ?

It’s cleaner. It’s sleeker looking. It’s simple on your eyes. And, get this, it has its own Enterprise Support Virtual Agent! You ask questions and it will find the answers & resources for you. How cool is this?!

On the front page, you will have instant access to the Current Issue page, where it lists any known issues with the Symantec products that may impact you.

Then you also have the How-To and Getting Started Guides if you have recently installed a new product and you needed some help/further details.

Underneath these boxes, you also have access to other pages as well, like Documentation, MySymantec, Symantec Status, Contact Support and much more.

Let’s check it out at https://support.symantec.com !

What do you think of the new support pages?

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Sep 16, 2019 05:10 PM

I renewed my company's End Point Protection user license and was sent a link to mysymantec site for the product license and download. Compared to the older Fileconnect site this new procedure is far too complicated from the previous renewals.

I had to call tech support for licensing help! After using Symantec End Point for many years, this is first time I've had to call for what should have been a simple exercize. Too many keystrokes compared to old procedure,

Management needs to review their "Ease of Use" policy for this procedure.

Carlos Mercado

Sep 16, 2019 06:12 AM

The new page needs more colour. For a yellow company colour, it's sure missing from this "hospital white" new page.

Sep 15, 2019 08:09 AM

Thanks ! good job

Aug 13, 2019 05:45 PM

I like the idea of being able to filter on product but I'm having a hard time navigating the very large list of products.  I'm unable to type in a search string to narrow down the list and there is no way for me to know what the person categorizing these articles placed the item under.  I'm an ITMS customer and it was always frustrating to search for information on CEM gateway and get results back about SEP.  However, ITMS is not in the list nor is Notification Server, Endpoint Management, or Altiris so I'm left struggling what category to search each time I need to find something.  

Ideally I'd be able to specify the items I'm intersted in within my profile so I don't need to filter my search every time I visit the KB.  

Jul 31, 2019 03:44 AM

Good catch, thank you, Rob. Not sure how I missed them!

Jul 30, 2019 08:17 PM

Typos in the contents of this page:

"On the front page, you will have instant access to the Current Issue page, where it lists oany known issue with the Symantec products that may impact you."

I would believe 'oany' should be 'any' and 'issue' could be 'issues'

Jul 26, 2019 06:13 PM

Thanks for this info, Tony!! I like the desing.

Jul 22, 2019 10:09 AM

The old one used to be nice and helpful. The new one is not friendly at all and not make things simple. 

Jul 19, 2019 08:33 AM

So far, not a fan of the redesign. Finding it more difficult to find what I am looking for, if I can find it at all. I leave in frustration after what feels like going around in circles, clicking and sorting, clicking and sorting, (and clicking and sorting some more) and not getting anywhere trying to find information about an issue, error code, etc. Where have all the knowledge base or tech articles gone?

Jul 12, 2019 05:51 AM

Hi,

I like the new page, it is definitively improvement, here are my comments:

• Still lot of space waste, if I browse how-to or current issues for my product, I see only 10 results per page, too big letters, lot of wasted space. I assume there are thousands of how-to/current issues pages, so it would be better to show more results, article ID definitively smaller, title font size is ok but I'm missing few lines of actual text from the article.
  • Would be good to be able to select multiple products and also to save it for next time so I do not have to find my product(s) every time I open page (cookie or config for logged in users)
  • I especially like My Cases page (I'm table guy), it really lists all information that is essential, no wasted space, I have a bit of problem with Basic filters, I need to stop and think which one is enabled and which one is disabled, it's not intuitive to me.
  • Also great work with Case page, it is day and nigh compared to previous "Facebook" style which was unbearable and unusable. Now I see all essential information in case and also history of communication. One thing I noticed is that I can't download files that I uploaded as part of case evidence. I had to ask Support to send me those files - sometimes I need to review evidence that uploaded and it would be helpful to be able to download what was uploaded.

Jul 11, 2019 02:56 AM

Thanks for your report. Are you able to give me the date & time (of your timezone and where) and I will follow this up with my Symantec contact to find out what has happened.

Jul 11, 2019 02:52 AM

Hi again, RHasnath. I have spoken to my contacts and they are currently investigating this.

Thank you for the report.

Jul 10, 2019 09:04 PM

Waiting time to chat with an agent is super long now....need at least 30-60 minutes now

Last time I can connect with them in 5-10 minutes

Jul 10, 2019 05:16 PM

Thanks for that, RHasnath - I'll feedback this to Symantec.

Jul 10, 2019 09:49 AM

OPs!!  Not convinced at all, seems like just the front page colour has been changed. Yes, "It is cleaner, sleeker, simple" but as usual remains useless and ineffective. 

Jul 10, 2019 04:07 AM

Thanks, finaly a way to easily find current issues!

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.