Data Loss Prevention Cloud and Symantec CloudSOC

View Only

How To Get Symantec Enterprise Division (SED) Product Support Within Broadcom 

Nov 18, 2019 04:15 PM

Hi Connect Community,

We realize you may have questions about support now that Symantec Enterprise Division (SED) is a division of Broadcom.  I hope that the below information is helpful and please reach out with questions if this does not give you the information you need.

While we transition applications and systems, we strongly encourage you to leverage our online resources for creating and managing support cases. Customers with Premium Support will be contacted by their Customer Success Managers and Designated Support Engineers (formerly known as Technical Account Managers).

There will be several changes to how customers request and receive Enterprise Technical Support.  The full details are posted both in INFOARTICLE 5569 and TECHARTICLE 236428 ; please subscribe to those articles for continued updates.  Here is a quick summary:

Is there a preferred support channel Symantec recommends using?

While all support channels will continue to be available including phone, chat and web, customers are encouraged to open severity 2 – 4 cases via the web (MySymantec). Refer to the Support Reference Guide for case severity definitions.

IMPORTANT: Please note phone support will be available in English only. 

How do I receive support on severity 1 cases? 

For all severity 1 cases, customers are encouraged to contact their TAM/DSE for immediate assistance. Customers without an assigned TAM/DSE should phone support directly and speak with a Customer Care Agent or leverage the “leave a message” option presented in the IVR system.

How long will the call back process be in place?

Our goal is for this to be as seamless of a transition as possible; however, during the transition period there may be a disruption in how customers request support. Please know we value our customers’ business and we’re working aggressively to integrate the Symantec Enterprise Security business with Broadcom as quickly as possible.  Once integrated, we will provide additional details regarding how to request and receive support.    

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Feb 13, 2020 06:07 PM

EUREKA!!!

Today my renewal was finally processed!!

My systems were down for 119 days in total (my license ran out right at the start of the Broadcom takeover...)

Feb 12, 2020 01:50 PM

Hello Symantec Partners,

We recognize the integration with Broadcom has been challenging for many of you. The migration over to Broadcom systems was more difficult than we anticipated and is taking more time to complete than originally planned but we are working to accelerate the process.

A very important communication went out to all of our partners today with information and tools that will help you.  If you did not receive this communication, please find it at our partner portal: https://partnerportal.broadcom.com/en/symantec-partner-portal.html?r=2 under "Announcements".  Please take the time to review this document as it will help you with many issues you may be experiencing and also has some very valuable information on moving forward.

One of the key points to know is that we have set up a Partner Help Desk to try and get you answers more quickly. Please email partners@broadcompartnerhelpdesk.com with any questions and we’ll get back to you as quickly as possible.  We hope this will expedite answering your questions.

The Symantec Enterprise Division is committed to our partner community, and will be communicating more regularly going forward as we work with you to help service and support our mutual customers.

Thank You!

Amy

Feb 10, 2020 11:15 PM

You are lucky that you CAN switch - there is nothing on the market that compares with their mail-gateway product.  Stopping spam is nowhere near as important as never incorrectly tagging good mail *as* spam - and Brightmail aka SMG is the bees knees.

Feb 10, 2020 09:14 PM

Yeah, I heard the same. Totally disgusting behaviour from both Broadcom and Norton, dumping on loyal customers. I think I will switch to ESET cloud.

Feb 10, 2020 04:06 PM

Yeah - same.  Latests info is that Broadcom are dropping entire classes of customers, so it is looking like we are never going to get renewals.

Feb 10, 2020 06:34 AM

I fear I am going to be in the same position as the above....6 days to go and no sign of being able to purchase any renewal....

Feb 10, 2020 03:34 AM

I've been watching this thread in hopes of a light at the end of tunnel for simple licensing renewals.  We have 100+ seats (small i know compared to many of you here).   After personally speaking with 3 different quote "Symantec Partners" all are saying the same thing.. they have been unable to get quotes written from Symantec.  This includes 1 Platinum Partner and 2 Silver Partners - all 3 listed on the Symantec Partner page that we're supposed to be referring to.   I now have expired clients seats and have even played the shell game of signing up for SEP Symantec Cloud trials that are also expiring any day now.

I'm out!  See ya folks.  Crowdstrike, Avast, Sophos here i come with money in hand.  Adios and good luck to all that are sticking around for the after party.

Feb 07, 2020 02:05 AM

You guys should really work on improvising the support team, it's not that good these days

Feb 06, 2020 04:12 AM

To Symantec representatives:

Do you sell or planning to sell Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud licenses?

Like if one would like to buy 5, 7 or 10. If you do, please explain how.

Feb 01, 2020 07:22 AM

My subscription to Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition (cloud) expired two days ago (after previously been extended to 30 Jan) but - hey presto - one of the options was to install a 60-day trial for 50 users. I don't know if we are an isolated case but this will tie us over for another 2 months - possibly an indication of when Symantec/Broadcom think licence renewals will become generally available again.

Jan 30, 2020 03:01 PM

I got answer from Connect.com who is helping me for renewing SEP Cloud for small business subscription.

He said

"As of now Symantec will no longer be working with Small businesses. There only wanting to work with Enterprise companies and will only build quotes if it is above 100 or more and the total is 25K or above.  Broadcom has told partners to reach out to our customers and ask them if they would look into other options. "

So, small business like mine, no more Symantec! Broadcom wants money, they doesn't care about security.

Jan 30, 2020 02:51 PM

Help, help, help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't renew any licenses or purchase new seats for Symantec Endpoint Protections Cloud. I have money in my hand, please take it from me. Just give me my licenses. Resellers don't know anything. How can this possibly be happening. I have entered a bad dream and cannot wake up.

I cannot believe how bad this situation is for customers. Many people should lose their jobs over the utter incompetence seen during the transitition from Symantec to Broadcom.

Jan 24, 2020 10:30 AM

After patiently waiting 6 weeks for our Symantec Silver Partner to get a quote from their distributor to get a renewal on our SBE Cloud subscription (previously a direct Symantec purchase), the partner is now told by the distributor 

"Broadcom have confirmed that we are unable to obtain pricing for any non-incumbent renewals going forward. "

So, that's informative about the future of this product. 

Yes Amy Johnson, I did forward the link to our Symantec partner. No, it did not allow the situation to progress.

It would save us all (former customers and partners) an immense amount of prevaricating if Broadcom would simply say that we're not customers anymore if we're not above size X; we could bring this to management and we could all go about the transition process. 

Jan 21, 2020 09:42 AM

The links to the FAQ and the SOS Support Resources PDF are broken!

This is a total Car Crash! Tech Data in the UK are unable to process renewals or new licences.

Jan 21, 2020 01:30 AM

Greetings  There

We are alos in similar situation  where we need  to not  only  have to    get licenses  for  existing 100+ servers

and  also need new license

we tried contact ing partners  listed  according our area and they  have  no information if they ourchase and sell SEP small bulsiness agent(cloud agents) to us.

Its  been more than 3 weeks we are waiting

OurArea

North  India

partners contact  softcell, mmindia   as per search in partner location page.

Regards

deepa

Jan 19, 2020 05:40 PM

Hello,

For those of you with questions regarding licenses for existing products, I have confirmed that the following KB article has instructions for generating new keys as well as downloading & splitting existing keys. This capability only applies to Symantec products that are activated by a licence file with a ‘.slf’ file name extension - SEP Endpoint Protection is one such product .

KB Article: https://support.symantec.com/us/en/article.info5244.html

Please let me know if this process does not work for you.

Thanks,

Amy

Jan 17, 2020 05:05 PM

Please have your partner go here: https://partnerportal.broadcom.com/en/symantec-partner-portal.html?r=2  I continue to get feedback from partners that this is working and they are able to help their customers.  Please feel free to forward to them if they do not have this for some reason.

Thank you,

Amy

Jan 16, 2020 05:53 PM

Amy,

Some partners have created accounts at the new Partner Portal at Broadcom but have not been assigned the same level of visibility/content as we have with Symantec.  That is only one of the many challenges faced by Partners in effort to support customers.

If a customer asset was not updated to the extended date of support 1/31/2020 then we can't open a case for an asset that isn't currently within it's support window AND we can't call CS unless it's a S1.  How is a customer supposed to receive support for a S2-S4 when they can't open a case up in the portal as it's stated is required for S2-S4 case types?  As soon as customer support askes the question about the request being "Production Impacting" and the answer is "NO" they will tell you to go to the portal to open the ticket despite indicating you can't put a ticket in for a device that doesn't show has having extended service till the end of January.

Jan 16, 2020 05:29 PM

I feel really bad for my partner - she has reached out to try and get me my renewal more than 10 times over the last 2 months, and still nothing.  I don't know what her commission is, but I doubt it will cover the cost of her wages to work on this case by now!!

Yesterday, she was told that it will take at least another 2 weeks before renewals can begin to be processed.

All the while, my critical systems remain down, and nobody is resolving my support cases...

If anyone is reading this - please take a moment to try and help us.  Surely someone in Broadcom actually cares about making sales, and providing value to shareholders?

Jan 16, 2020 03:05 PM

I think the breakdown is that there is a different experience seen on "Renewals" vs "Brand New Requests" for licenses.  One process cannot be expected to be the same experience as the other, atleast not at the current time.  

Jan 16, 2020 08:19 AM

Please see the updated renewal proccess here: https://partnerportal.broadcom.com/en/symantec-partner-portal.html?r=2

Jan 16, 2020 08:15 AM

My Dell rep submitted request for quote on Dec 16th and still no repsponce. I reached out to my CDW rep and he's the one that suggested another product since they have been unable to get responces from Symantec for other clients.

Jan 16, 2020 02:25 AM

From what I read elsewhere, Partners & Resellers can issue licences as of 2 weeks ago, they need to speak to their Symantec/Broadcom reps.

Jan 15, 2020 12:13 PM

My reseller is recommending we switch products since Symantec is unable to fufill subscriptions renewals. Why are you not addressing these issues Amy Johnson.

Jan 14, 2020 10:52 AM

We have had SEP licenses that expired in November and December covering our entire userbase.   Our partner has been unsuccessful in obtaining a renewal quote.  Can anyone assit?   Does Symantec still want our (500 seats) business?

Jan 13, 2020 04:18 PM

Hello- you may have missed my information posted earlier in December in this thread...

As a partner have you already visitied here: https://partnerportal.broadcom.com/en/symantec-partner-portal.html?r=2 and also clicked on the FAQ that was just updated as of Dec. 16?

As a partner you can receive assistance here and do not need to reach out to support.

Thank you,

Amy Johnson

Jan 09, 2020 07:58 PM

This resolution is not accurate: "MySymantec" support cases of severity 2 are either

a) being closed without being resolved (about 5 of my cases have had this happen to them now)

b) being ignorred.

Can you please supply a working phone number where we can reach someone who has the ability to help partners renew licenses.

Jan 09, 2020 07:48 PM

Thank you for the reply. It reassures our clients.

Jan 09, 2020 01:50 PM

Hello,

The Symantec Endpoint Security portfolio, which has moved to Broadcom with the Symantec Enterprise Division, has had no additional changes.  You can still find all information here on this very important portfolio: https://www.symantec.com/products/endpoint-security

What you have heard about in the news is the CSS portion of the Symantec business and ONLY the CSS portion of the business:  https://newsroom.accenture.com/news/accenture-to-acquire-symantecs-cyber-security-services-business-from-broadcom.htm 

Symantec Endpoint Security will continue to recieve focus and investment from us to deliver the best products to our customers.

Thank you,

Amy Johnson

Jan 09, 2020 01:43 AM

Hi, I thought only Cyber Security Services such as MSS,SOC,Incident response service, were bought by Accenture not SEP.

Did broadcome contact you to tell so?

Jan 08, 2020 04:20 PM

Now, Broadcom sold SEP to Accenture??? OMG...

My subscription ends in 22 days. Trying to find pertner company for few days witout success.

What a mess..

Jan 06, 2020 05:35 AM

Greetings

No body answering support cases, we raised,.

we  are in need of purchaing  new  SEP licenses asap  ,  and need reliable  partner/reseller located in India/North

Dec 24, 2019 07:06 AM

Opened sev 1 case, got a response back after 3 days. Wow!!! just Wow!!!

Dec 24, 2019 04:07 AM

Thank you for the update, Nathan.

Dec 23, 2019 05:17 PM

Additional support-related information can be found on this document.

Dec 23, 2019 05:10 PM

If you have purchased directly from Symantec...you can contact Customer Care for licensing and renewal questions.  If you've purchased through a partner or reseller...they are still the best source for licensing and renewal questions.

As of last week, Customer Care hold times are approximately 10-15 minutes for most callers.

Dec 20, 2019 10:54 AM

This license renewal situation is a complete disgrace.  How can Symantec and Broadcom tout security when they are leaving their customers without the ability to deploy security software?  I placed an order with my vendor back in the beginning of November and still do not have licenses.  These are computers that are unable to be deployed because of a lack of antivirus.    There has been a complete lack of communication to customers from Broadcom.  If this is any indication of how Broadcom will treat the Symantec customer a new antivirus vendor will be our new year resolution.

Dec 20, 2019 04:26 AM

Hello.
We use Symantec Endpoint Protection 14, we have a few days left but we cannot purchase for the next year, we know of temporary problems with licenses for corporate users, but we should receive a free 2-month license until clarification. We haven't received it, so our  organization is vulnerable, please support me.

License endind today, help

Support not conected, chat also ?????

Dec 19, 2019 04:50 PM

Hello,

As a partner have you already visitied here: https://partnerportal.broadcom.com/en/symantec-partner-portal.html?r=2 and also clicked on the FAQ that was just updated as of Dec. 16?

Amy

Dec 19, 2019 04:49 PM

Hello,

Amy

Dec 19, 2019 02:07 PM

Wow, how sad. I have been trying to get us moved to the cloud as the website made it look so easy but it has not been. Now after 6 weeks of clikcing MySymantec links that just go round and round in circles, I am on hold trying to get support for what is becoming a Level 1 issue. 20 minutes and counting..... I am glad this was here to read. 11 plus years as a Symantec Customer and we renew in mid-Jan. 2020. I was trying to get renewed early in hopes of getting our At Risk machines and servers to show "Secure" but instead I am reviewing Crowd Strike and Micro Trend replacement solutions our reseller sent me an hour ago.....very very sad what this buyout has done. It will be a good tax write off for Broadcom in a year or more I guess. Our reseller says people are dumping Symantec as we are about to do....25 min. Level 1 Response? Really? 

Dec 19, 2019 12:38 PM

Hi,

I've private messaged you asking a few more details/questions.  I'll do my best to help get this resolved.

Ashley

Dec 18, 2019 10:35 PM

How do we contact the VP of Licensing? (and, who are they?).  My systems have been down for more than a month now, and the above "Extension" does not seem to have solved it for me - e.g. - I still see this in my logs:

2019-12-19T03:28:10Z (ERROR:8551.2690209536): [12036] Error from web server 471 - License Invalid : unable to GET: https://aztec.brightmail.com/rules4/spamhunter.vcdiff/4/latest.
2019-12-19T03:28:10Z (NOTICE:8551.2690209536): [12452] Rule retrieval aborted: permit_rules.

Dec 17, 2019 01:22 PM

We need to add new licenses to cover current and expected growth, but three different resellers tell us they are unable to get licenses. How about someone at Broadcom just give a straight answer. Should we move on to a new product? We can't wait much longer.

Dec 17, 2019 11:20 AM

This is terrible. I'm at renewal time too and definitely moving. Such a botched transition here.

Nice message I just received, "please note that if Symantec does not receive your renewal order by your subscription anniversary, we may terminate your subscription service without further notification." The implication of the letter is also that we now need to find a reseller rather than simply clicking a button to renew, add, remove licenses. 

This just screams, "we value our customers!" 

Dec 17, 2019 05:22 AM

No Duty Manager exist anymore

How you guys do escalation for your customer/yourself?

Regards

Dec 10, 2019 03:48 PM

You mean dropped from their Portfolio of Apps?

Dec 10, 2019 02:02 PM

I heard it will also be dropped.

Dec 10, 2019 10:51 AM

Hi Ashley_Brogdon

Could you please share the Product Road map for Altiris?

Thanks & regards,

Venu K 

Dec 10, 2019 03:44 AM

Support is taking soo much time these days to respond. In the past it used to be great. --> Totally agree, it is not aceptable. Support is very very very bad now

Dec 10, 2019 03:23 AM

Support is very very very bad these days. I opened a sev 1 case and had to wait for more than 2 days to get back an initial response.

Dec 09, 2019 09:15 AM

We are a long time customer, well over 15 years. We have 6000 endpoints. Hundreds of servers. None of our contacts with Symantec will respond. We won't be renewing our SEP or SEE licenses. We have had more than we can tolerate. Best of luck to those who stay with the product. 

Dec 07, 2019 05:32 PM

Let me reach out to my contact to find out the answers for you all.

Dec 07, 2019 04:42 PM

My partner told me that it will be another week before they are able to renew my license, however, after that, it will take another month before Broadcom will sign the certificate so I am to expect another ~40days downtime.

The frightening part, is that I've already be down for a month now, and all the previous "it will take a week" communications have turned out to be underestimated, so it's unclear if this new estimate will be too.

Dec 07, 2019 03:24 PM

Please see details at https://support.symantec.com/us/en/article.info5566.html which may answer your questions.

Dec 07, 2019 12:16 PM

Can´t buy any new bloud sep licenses. So need to buy an other Security Product to not leave new Users unprotected? No online purchases available. Symantec / Broadcom told to buy at local partners, which are not able to receive new licenses. No informations, when the transaction is ready to serve the customers again. Terrible transaction organisation and information for costumers. 

Dec 06, 2019 09:42 AM

We are experincing the same kind of problems in renewing licenses.  It seems like a complete shutdown, there is a lack of clear information on dates, roadmap on the takeover.   A back in business date will help us,  since the initial message was: we will continue to do Business as usual.

Dec 04, 2019 11:40 AM

Our Symantec Endpoint Protection license expired on November 20th.  Our reseller, PC Connection has been unable to renew our license for the past 20 days because of the Broadcom transition.  I was told there is no definite ETA on when the transition to Broadcom will be complete and license renewals will be accepted.   Is there any way I can renew our license directly through Broadcom?  Our SEPM server is currenly running unlicensed, even though I attempted to renew 10 days before it expired.

Nov 27, 2019 11:27 AM

It's more likely it's because of the take over by Broadcom, changes are still in progress. As Ashley has mentioned:

Our goal is for this to be as seamless of a transition as possible; however, during the transition period there may be a disruption in how customers request support. Please know we value our customers’ business and we’re working aggressively to integrate the Symantec Enterprise Security business with Broadcom as quickly as possible.  Once integrated, we will provide additional details regarding how to request and receive support.    

However I would suggest that you keep trying with the online support and/or phone support.

Nov 27, 2019 09:39 AM

We have made the same experience that Symantec does not respond to support requests.

Nov 27, 2019 12:58 AM

Support is taking soo much time these days to respond. In the past it used to be great. 

Nov 26, 2019 05:59 PM

Do you have any support people working at all?  The web chat never seems to assign an angent, and I've sat on hold for more than an hour on the telephone line and nobody ever answers...

Nov 26, 2019 05:58 PM

Your license renewal email address is also not working by the way:

Address not found
Your message wasn't delivered to license@symantec.com because the address couldn't be found or is unable to receive email.
The response from the remote server was:
550 Invalid recipient <license@symantec.com> (#5.1.1)

Nov 26, 2019 05:01 PM

Your advice is not working.  I opened a severity 2 case more than TWO WEEKS ago, and it is just sitting dormant.

None of the phone numbers I call are answering - making it impossible to lodge this as a Severiy 1 case.

Please can you find us a way to renew ASAP - my systems are in catastropic meltdown stage after 3 weeks of pain SO FAR !!

Chris.

Nov 19, 2019 05:51 AM

Thank you for sharing. Hopefully that will answer a lot of people's questions from this point forward.

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.