Endpoint Protection

View Only

SEP v14.2.2.1 Released! 

Jan 27, 2020 03:28 PM

Hi all,

SEP v14.2.2.1 has been released and is available for download. This version is also known as v14.2 RU2 MP1

You can find the PDF of the Release Notes at https://support.symantec.com/us/en/article.doc11636.html

Check out the new addition to this release version, which are:

* The Integrations policy includes a new option, Allow direct traffic when WSS protection is not available. You use this option to give users access to the web if user authentication with the WSS cloud proxy (ProxySG) fails. This situation occurs if the administrator sets up WSS Traffic Redirection, but not the WSS roaming users.

* The Syslog logs for Splunk differentiate whether a scan is a full system scan, quick scan, a manual scan, or a scheduled scan. The logs also show the location information.

* Updated the REST API to include location IDs and location names.

* Support was added for email addresses and distribution lists with special characters.

* Upgraded multiple third-party components to newer versions.

And here's what has been fixed and component versions - https://support.symantec.com/us/en/article.info5618.html

Looks like a good update. For best result, make sure you update SEPM and then roll out the latest clients to all PCs/Macs/Linux.

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Feb 07, 2020 09:49 AM

The only way you can do this is with LiveUpdate Administrator running on LAN 1.  Then having clients from LAN2 and LAN3 connect to LUA distribution points via LU. 

Feb 06, 2020 05:34 AM

Hello, i have 3 lan in my enterprise lan1,lan2,lan3 lan1 is connected to internet and download directly update definition and dirtibute for all client in lan1. lan2 and lan3 haven't internet,actually i used update LAN2 and LAN3 manually with .jdb intelligent updater but its tired me because i download 2 files jdb and upload in these servers for LAN2 and LAN3 and patient for 1 days for upload thes two flies.

The LiveUpdate Administrator not work in my case.

please help me if possible LAN2 and LAN3 download directly from LAN1

Thanks.

Feb 05, 2020 10:25 AM

If replication is in play you could replicate content.

Feb 05, 2020 10:24 AM

That is not possible. The options I provided are what you can do in this situation.  Please remember to post a new forum post with questions like this.

Feb 05, 2020 03:11 AM

Hello Mr John, actually i used update LAN2 and LAN3 manually with .jdb intelligent updater but its tired me because i download 2 files jdb and upload in these servers for LAN2 and LAN3 and patient for 1 days for upload thes two flies.

The LiveUpdate Administrator not work in my case.

please help me if possible LAN2 and LAN3 download directly from LAN1

Thanks.

Feb 04, 2020 09:48 AM

CNAS- You probably should look into LiveUpdate Administrator and once that is set up point the Lan2 and Lan3 SEPMs to the LiveUpdate Administrator distribution points to get definitions.  The LiveUpdate Administrator will need Internet availability.  Or you can update your Lan2 and Lan3 SEPMs manually with .jdb intelligent updater.

Feb 04, 2020 03:29 AM

Hello, i am an administrator network, and i have 3 lan networks conneted by router lan1+lan2+lan3. all server symantec have consol symantec endpoint protection manager SEPM

only lan1 have connection for internet and download update definition by (symantec endpoint protection manager) and distribut for all postes clients in this lan1 , the other lan (lan2+lan3) haven't access to internet.

whats methode for the other lan (lan2+lan3) download update definition from lan1.  

Jan 30, 2020 10:38 AM

Alexandr-

Don't believe these issues are resolved in this build. Please open a case.

Jan 30, 2020 10:37 AM

Andy -

14.2 RU2 MP1 icdm packages were updated last night. Should be available now. Target for Auto-Upgrade packages is currently 2/6

Jan 27, 2020 06:06 PM

Hello. Any chance this issue https://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/troubles-running-sep-142-ru2-osx-prior-catalina-1015 was fixed in this release?

Jan 27, 2020 05:16 PM

I just tried to export the client from the cloud ICDM.  It never says what version its giving you so you have to download it, install it, and hope.  Anyway it appears its still giving me RU2.  Any idea when the new version will be issued to ICDM?

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.