Client Management Suite

Get Outlook Cache Mode Status as Custom Inventory 

Jun 24, 2008 05:25 PM

If you have an Exchange environment, this is a must-have. A lot of troubleshooting steps begin with disabling Outlook Cache Mode. There are also some Outlook addons that play well with Cache Mode. This script can be used with Inventory Solution to report Cache Mode status for all profiles on a computer.

Just drop this in your Inventory Solution, and call it from the command line in your Inventory Solution Package. It will create the .nsi file on its own, and it's designed to run under the SYSTEM account so you won't have any issues with lack of writing files to the hard drive (as it needs to create the .nsi on the express\inventory directory). The script parses the directory, gives the Outlook profile, and an "on" for cache mode on, and "off" for cache mode off. Easy? You bet. Try it out!

License:AJSL
By clicking the download link below, you agree to the terms and conditions in the Altiris Juice Software License
Support:User-contributed tools on the Juice are not supported by Altiris Technical Support. If you have questions about a tool, please communicate directly with the author by visiting their profile page and clicking the 'contact' tab.

Statistics
0 Favorited
1 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads
Attachment(s)
txt file
CacheModeStatus.txt   4 KB   1 version
Uploaded - Feb 25, 2020

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Jul 20, 2011 02:19 PM

This subject just came up today.  However with Outlook 2010 and Windows 7 things have changed.  The data in HKEY_Users \Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles \13dbb0c8aa05101a0bb000aa002fc45a no longer contains the info.  In fact from what I can tell the key under Profiles is different for every computer.

Has anyone figured out how to get a custom inventory for cached exchange mode for Outlook 2010 on Windows 7.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Aug 09, 2010 02:19 PM

You will need to change the extension to be .vbs, as the file is actually a VB script.  Then save the file in the same folder as your Inventory package on the Notification Server %ProgramFiles%\Altiris\Notification Server\NSCap\Bin\Win32\x86\Inventory Solution.  Finally edit the ini file associated with your Inventory scan, AexInvSolnAdm2.ini or which ever one it is, to include the line CacheModeStatus.vbs before the line aexnsinvcollector.exe

Aug 09, 2010 12:46 PM

Hi, I know this is a old thread but I can get more instructions on how to deploy this via the custom inventory?  Do I call the txt file directly from one of the inventory ini's?  We usually just call a custom xml like so: aexcustinv.exe /in .\LWSiginv.xml /out LWSigInv.nsi

I am not sure how exactly to implement this txt file.

Thanks!
Loran

May 04, 2010 12:49 PM

This was needed today
Good job

Jul 03, 2008 05:47 PM

In my environment, the key "001e667c" contains some weird letters and numbers (yes, like some kind of GUID), and key "001e6603" contains the Exchange DN. I guess you could just change Line 73 to reflect the key where your Exchange DN is. Hope this helps!

Jul 03, 2008 01:27 PM

Nice job EMercado; I've been trying to figure out how to reliably parse the CEM settings out of the profile for a while now, and it looks like you've figured it out. I wasn't familiar with that Join() function you used; I think that was my missing bit.
Also, I don't get an actual name in the C0 column when I run this; for some reason it gives me a number (I'm guessing this is some Exchange account identifier or something, or maybe just something weird with how we have Exchange setup here). I found my userid was in the value "001e6607" in the profile key which might be another option (and the one I'll need to use if/when I implement this tip!).
Thanks again for posting!

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.