Starting Tuesday September 29th, our customers will be able to submit files through the submission website, by supplying a URL where the file can be found.
Currently customers must download a file and then submit it to Symantec by uploading through our submission portal. This new feature will enable customers to supply a URL for us to download the file and submit it on their behalf. Once submitted, the file will follow the standard submission process and have all the normal expectations of a file that has been submitted by the customer.
- The standard guidelines for all submissions remain in effect for this new feature. Ie: The URL should return a single file or 9 inside a zip, 20 MB max size
- The URL must return a file. (Not an html/text or other non-file web page)
- URL protocols supported: http, https and ftp. - URLs starting only with http:// or https:// or ftp:// will be processed.
- We will not search, investigate, or “crawl” a URL searching for downloaded-able or malicious code. The URL must return a file.
- URLs that download HTML or text only will be discarded.
- URLs anything other than the supported protocols (http, https and ftp) will present an error.
This includes FTPS, .CAB, .JAR etc.
Basic walkthrough of the process:
- You will navigate your regular submission web portal. Note this is different for each level of entitlment so be sure you use the correct site. If your unsure please contact Support for the correct URL.
- Enter your information, INCLUDING a valid Support ID
- Enter the URL of the suspect file then click submit
Once the file is successfully downloaded, a “Success” message along with some file information will be provided.
Error: No file found at URL
- The URL is not pointing directly to a file.
- File at the URL may have been removed.
- The URL is not reachable.
- The URL is incorrect.
- The URL is in invalid format - Please check to be sure it starts with http:// or https:// or ftp://
Error: File found at the URL is over size limit (20MB)
- File at the URL is greater than 20MB, once extracted
Error: The URL took too long to complete the download…
- The URL is responding too slowly and our backend was not able to complete the download within the timeout period of 3 minutes
Same URL can take different amount of time to complete download depending current traffic and upon load on our internet line and speed of the server serving the URL.
Error: Your submission cannot be processed at this time
- There is an internal error on our end. Please try again in a bit or open a support case.