Endpoint Management and Virtualization Trusted Advisors Community merge into SED TA Community

Recovery Solution 6.2 SP4 Released Today! 

Feb 01, 2011 11:17 AM

The long awaited final service pack (SP4) for Recovery Solution 6.2 has been released today, February 1, 2011!  You can read the Release Notes here: DOC3495.  Some highlights and new features:

• Two new types of information have been added to the Manage lost agents page: Days Ago Communicated and Reason.
  • Server Space Management job performance is improved, especially when you have a large number of PST files on the recovery server .
  • WBFR-based recovery audit report. This report tracks the file recoveries that Web-based file recovery performs. (This was actually a feature I requested!)
  • The Recovery Job Queue has been enhanced to show the status of server jobs. You can see general and detailed information about individual jobs.
  • Recovery Solution supports new Windows 7 is supported for the Recovery Agent. 

One interesting note I gathered was the following:

■ Upgrade from 6.2 SP4 to 7.0 SP1 is not supported.

Not sure that this point what the upgrade path is then for those of us planning to migrate to SMP7 in the future; perhaps another hotfix to allow for the upgrade?

The next question on my mind is "what does this mean for support lifecycle"?  Well have a look at the RS End-of-Life Statement article (HOWTO21450), the support timelines have been extended as follows:

  Engineering Support (meaning additoinal programming could be done for a hotfix)

o Recovery Solution for Clients 6.2 SP4 until 12/31/2011

o Recovery Solution for Clients 7.0 SP1 until 1/2/2012

  Technical Support (general support for problems, not requiring a hotfix/coding)

o Recovery Solution for Clients 6.2 SP4 until 11/26/2012

o Recovery Solution for Clients 7.0 SP1 until 7/2/2013

I haven't had a chance to install SP4 yet on my Dev server, but when I do I'll post back with my findings!

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Mar 02, 2011 11:40 AM

One more question.

Have you earlier run Recovery Server uninstall on this computer? Have you removed and recreated any Cluster on your NS?

Mar 02, 2011 11:32 AM

Seems to be staying loaded now.  Was very odd.

Mar 01, 2011 01:24 PM

Upgraded using solution center, went from 6.9 SP3,  I re-installed using the setup files, and so far so good.  I was able to FSR a Windows 7 system.  I am howver having trouble with two of my XP systems doing an FSR, am about to try a 3rd.

Mar 01, 2011 12:09 PM

Hi,

Did you have clean install of the RS server or upgrade?

Thank you,

Andrew.

Mar 01, 2011 10:29 AM

I have installed 6.9 SP4 in my lab envorinment.  Now it seems my Server install keeps randomly uninstalling.  Anyone else experiencing this?

Feb 09, 2011 09:14 PM

Mayed,

Your best bet would probably be to just stand up a new NS by running Altiris_NS_6_0.exe from http://www.solutionsam.com/Solutions/6_0/ then adding RS once NS is installed from Solution Center (or manually download from SS too here; note you'll have to run that on your NS).  You can use your existing production RS licenses.

Feb 09, 2011 06:21 PM

Hi Rene,

According to the release notes, RS 6.2 SP4 can be download from http://www.altiris.com/Download.aspx however I only see the option to download SP3 and RS 7.

Is there another location to download this from?  I need to get this tested ASAP as we are currently deploying Windows 7.

Thanks

Majed,

Broadcom Corp.

Feb 01, 2011 09:05 PM

Thanks Rene, I checked again later on in the day and you are correct (though the date at the bottom of the file still shows August 24th...so maybe it should be re-published once more...)

Feb 01, 2011 11:30 AM

Hi Kyle,

EOL KB (HOWTO2145) was updated with the information on the SP4 supportability dates.

Rene

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.