Patch Management Solution

View Only

Non-public Oracle Java 8 updates support 

May 23, 2019 08:49 AM

Starting from PMImport 7.3.333 Patch Management solution supports non-public Oracle Java 8 updates.

Initial release includes JAVA8-211 and JAVA8-212 bulletins for corresponding JRE releases (8u211 and 8u212).

Knowledge base article TECH252140 provides overview of implementation and step-by-step instructions.

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Jan 28, 2020 05:36 PM

Thanks for the clarification on how patching the latest Javas would be like via Patch Management Solution!  We have since reached out to our Oracle rep where keeping Java updated in our environment will be too cost prohibitive so I won't need to update it going forward.

Jan 28, 2020 03:45 PM

Hi Clint,

Downloading the bulletin will create the folders and associations needed to distribute the updates. You will need to download the Java updates, rename them as appliable, and place them in the appropriate foldeers - see this doc for more details: https://support.symantec.com/us/en/article.tech252140.html

Jan 16, 2020 03:35 PM

The last Java I pushed out was 8u191.  So does this mean if I should go and Download Packages for the latest 8u241 from my console, it won't pull down the executables anymore and will create empty package directories (for 32 & 64-bit versions) on my server?  I do have an OTN login and can download the updates but was wondering about what downloading Java 8 Update 241 via the SMC will actually do now.

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.