Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Restore image with backup files from Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery Manager

Posted Sep 02, 2016 04:00 PM

We have a production server that has multiple failed/failing drives. The vendor is going to replace those drives but we wanted to make sure the image we have will work before the vendor comes onsite to replace the drives. We have a "frankenstein" server made up of spare/leftover parts that we want to use to test the image. There are a couple of problems though. First off, the server won't boot up (error message when starting the server: No Boot available) but I'm problably going to open a case with the vender because all the hardware belongs to them. I'm thinking I need some kind of boot disc (Symantec ghost boot disk or something) to get the server booted so how would I go about getting one of those. The second problem is this server doesn't have anything installed on it so would it even be possible to restore the image if the server doesn't have symantec installed on it? We use Symantec Backup exec System Recovery 8 to backup our servers so that's where the backup files came from. I'm not even sure If im in the right forum or not so please redirect me if that's the case. 

Thanks,

Chris

• 2.  RE: Restore image with backup files from Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery Manager

Posted Sep 08, 2016 09:11 AM

Symantec has spun off some of their products in the "Veritas" name.  You can find Backup Exec here:

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/Backup-and-Recovery/ct-p/backup-and-recovery

Or you could try in the "Recovery Solution" forum here on the Symantec Connect site..

• 3.  RE: Restore image with backup files from Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery Manager

Posted Sep 08, 2016 11:49 AM

Hi,

EdT's first suggestion is the correct one - please post your question in the Vertias community at the link provided. That is where you will find the discussion forum for BESR.

Best regards,
    Cheryl