Deployment Solution

View Only
  • 1.  Unable to image certain HP devices after ADK update

Posted Mar 30, 2020 01:06 PM
    HP elitedesk 800 G4 mini and HP elitedesk 705 mini imaging issues after win 10 adk update:

I upgraded windows 10 ADK and everything went like normal, afterward we are able to image pretty much all our models besides the one listed above, the 800's will run ghost but it fails with the error:

ErrorMessage: ClientImageDeployException occured 'Child Process returned an error', return code 1, system error 'The system cannot find the file specified (0x00000002)', location 'Tcube_ClientImageDeploy.cpp1078'

The logs all show like its failing with a I/o error like it can't read the drive

The 705's will kick off ghost but it closes right away, guessing those are not seeing the drives either. I copied all the drivers I could for storge to custom folder and rebuilt the preboots, but still won't go

I will attach the logs in next post, wondering if anyone has a clue what might be going on?

------------------------------
    Aspirus

• 2.  RE: Unable to image certain HP devices after ADK update

Posted Mar 30, 2020 01:14 PM
    A disk error occurred
    Win32 error: (0x0000045d)
    Message description : The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

Generated at ..\DiskDriveNormal.cpp:242

Thread #1972 Call Stack
    DiskDriveNormal::constructor
    BlockDeviceNtVolume::Imp::loadGeometry
    BlockDeviceNtVolume::Imp::constructor
    BlockDeviceNtVolume::make
    NativeVolumeManager::loadVolumes
    NativeVolumeManager::getVolumes
    UniversalVolumeMatchingNt::loadNativeVolumeSet
    UniversalVolumeMatchingNt::getUniversalVolumeSet
    getUniversalVolumeSet
    VolumeManager::ctor

Call Stack
    X:\Program Files\Symantec\Deployment - X:\Program Files\Symantec\Deployment\Ghost\GhRegEdit64.exe 12.0
    0xFFFFFFFFA685A839

Aspirus

• 3.  RE: Unable to image certain HP devices after ADK update

Posted Mar 30, 2020 05:20 PM
    had to uninstall adk/pe, reinstall, change prebootos.ini to false for x64, import, then recreate pxe. Now the g4's are imaging again. Will have to try a 705 later.

Just wanted to follow up in case anyone runs into this down the road

Aspirus

• 4.  RE: Unable to image certain HP devices after ADK update

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 03, 2020 04:35 PM
    If the logs correspond to the problem then this is not GHOST that is failing but GHREGEDIT.EXE
    GHREGEDIT is not an imaging application,, this is utility used to read and modify production OS registry.
    This utility gets executed after GHOST succeeded or failed.
    To find GHOST logs you should look for GHOSTERR.TXT and GHSTWARR.TXT files.

But I think that there were some  problems with the disk at some moment if GHREGEDIT failed to read it.

• 5.  RE: Unable to image certain HP devices after ADK update

Posted Apr 04, 2020 10:49 AM
    it was issue with every single one of these models along with the 705 so that ruled out it being a disk error. Like I said and support agreed something went wrong with the ADK import, even though it had showed it completed something went south. Once we did my steps above all imaging was working fine again

Aspirus