Workflow and ServiceDesk Community

View Only
  • 1.  Service Desk Reports

Posted Feb 28, 2011 10:22 AM

Guys,

Is it just me, or is it not that 90% of our clients using Service Desk, want to see reports which give us the following information;

1. Time to respond to an incident
    2. Time to Resolve an Incident
    3. Average time to Resolve an Incident
    4. Total time to resolve an Incident

If ANYONE, has managed to achieve this, please contact me or even better if you could attach your report here, i'm sure it would benefit a lot of people...

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Service Desk Reports

Posted Feb 28, 2011 10:30 AM

While i did all my reports externally, all of those values are pretty easy except the 'time to respond'.  Start/stop times are both in the incidentmanagment table, so should be available via SQL in the reporting tool. Average and total are just calculations...

Depending on how you define 'time to respond', the history of updates are available. We did a report looking for the first human update to an automated ticket, and assume that was the 'first response' time. "reportprocesscomment" is where the comment history is stored

• 3.  RE: Service Desk Reports

Posted Feb 28, 2011 10:41 AM

Although, of the calculations i've found by default, they all caluculate time as in total time, meaning we need to exclude leisure time. We only want to include business hours and present this result in a readable format such as "2 days, 3 hours"...

Also, i'm quite interested in the table 'reportprocesscomment' is this the table that holds all the comments in each incident? Have you been able to display all the comments for an Incident in a single report? Or simply the date/time this happened?

• 4.  RE: Service Desk Reports

Posted Feb 28, 2011 11:36 AM

I have been able to display comments since day one, but its been via SQL and crystal reports off a replicated database :)

I bet you could use raw SQL code in the report designer to get the data out of the reportprocesscomment table, but it will be in HTML format so nearly unreadable.  We came up with a couple of functions to make it ( sort of ) readable for when we migrated all our ServiceDesk tickets back into helpdesk 6.

We also have functions that calculate business hours for us we created in v6 and kept using them in 7 instead of trying to figure out how to do multiple business hours ( based on customer )

• 5.  RE: Service Desk Reports

Posted Feb 28, 2011 11:48 AM

..or is it strictly in house stuff?

I'd be really interested in the reports you have based on business hours, if its just a matter of sharing the sql query, if its more than this, then no worries, fully understand.

Meantime i'll look into the reportprocesscomment table :-)

• 6.  RE: Service Desk Reports

Posted Feb 28, 2011 12:38 PM

Its not secret or anything i just don't think it would do much good since its all based on our external reporting DB with our special functions/stored procedures and such from inside crystal reports. ( we have functions to convert time into business hours, convert the long category to SLA target, convert email address to a trunicated 'domain' so we can identify the customer 'group' )

The important part of your data will come from the table you are looking at tho..  That will give you all the comments, and the incidentmanagement table will give you the start/stop/category/contact/resolver info.