VIP (Validation ID Protection)

View Only
  • 1.  Vip Access Does not Work

Posted Jan 22, 2020 01:32 PM

Email confirmed.  Hit set up two-step verification.  Not a robot   Signed in. Entered VIP access code    says invalid. Tried this more than 10 times.

• 2.  RE: Vip Access Does not Work

Posted Nov 23, 2020 04:15 PM
    That sounds painfully familiar. I have had the same problem with VIP Access Desktop for Mac. The downloaded App has no interface to allow me to put in the enterprise ID for the company that is using VIP Access for ID verification, therefore the program generates a security code that they cannot recognise. There is actually no user interface to allow me to change any of these details. I cannot "scan in" the company's matrix code to get the program to enter the correct Credential ID for the company, because the App is running on my computer and I cannot scan the computer screen! Whoever came up with this App needs to go back to high school, because it DOESN'T WORK!

• 3.  RE: Vip Access Does not Work

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 23, 2020 04:21 PM
    Gavin - to clarify, when you launch VIP Access Desktop, you do not see a credential ID?

• 4.  RE: Vip Access Does not Work

Posted Nov 23, 2020 04:32 PM
    When I open VIP Access I see a small window open with a credential ID already loaded. It is not the Credential ID for the company I am trying to validate my ID with. There is no way for me to enter their Credential ID into the program so that it will generate custom security codes for their business.

• 5.  RE: Vip Access Does not Work

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 23, 2020 04:39 PM
    Hi Gavin -

The business that advised you to use the VIP Access app needs to assign that credential ID to you within their system. They may also provide you with a self-service portal where you can do it yourself if they're set up to do that. Either way, they control the mapping between their users and VIP credentials. The credential ID with the VIP Access app cannot be changed. 

Reach out to them and let us know if you run into any problems.

• 6.  RE: Vip Access Does not Work

Posted Nov 23, 2020 04:42 PM
    The organisation provides the ID to be entered into the verification program, but there is no way to enter that code into VIP Access. It has no input function available to me.

I have now deleted the program and am using an alternative. It worked first time.