Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition

View Only
  • 1.  SEP SBE Cloud to SES migration

Posted Oct 06, 2020 06:58 PM
    hi,

we are in the process of transition from sep sbe cloud to ses and are running into some issues. so appearantly there is no 'easy' way to upgrade the machines. we set up a GPO to deploy the new SES MSI installer which works fine. It also installs fine. from there, i log into our existing SEP SBE console and delete the computer that has the new SES installed which sends a command to the machine to remove both the old SEP SBE AV engine and symantec cloud agent. it seems to work fine, however it is causing a pop:

does anyone know of a clean way to add the new SES to the existing SEP SBE? i get that it's not a good idea to have both on the same system, however our concern is if we uninstall our existing SEP SBE version, then wait for the users to get into the office to have the GPO deploy, there will be a lapse in protection for however long it takes the employee to get back into the office. some of these field guys dont come into the office for 1-2 months. any suggestions are appreciated.

• 2.  RE: SEP SBE Cloud to SES migration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 07, 2020 03:12 PM
    Edited by SYMC_KrisG Oct 07, 2020 03:13 PM
    There's a few ways to uninstall remotely. The first question is "Do you have SEP password protected?" This will be the key issue.

------------------------------
    Kris Gainsforth
    Solutions Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: SEP SBE Cloud to SES migration

Posted Nov 01, 2020 04:15 PM
    Hi, I have the same issue. Did you get a solution to this pop up happening. How can I stop it the pop up. Thanks.

Fujitsu New Zealand Limited

• 4.  RE: SEP SBE Cloud to SES migration

Posted Nov 05, 2020 04:48 PM
      |   view attached
    Richard,

Yes we figured it out. When you remove the old Symantec, it leaves behind a scheduled task on the computer called 'Symantec Remediation' or something like that. in the screenshot it is empty here but on a machine with the error present, you will see an entry in the red circle. Just delete it.