Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  GhostCast: Error Application Error 502 and GhostCode 19901

Posted Nov 10, 2008 02:43 PM

Alright as stated above I have the following error when trying to join the GhostCast Session.

Application Error 502

Connection reset by server with GhostCode 19901

This is how I have things setup:

My Ghost server: Usdotimg01

Two NICs: 1 NIC for our Domain Network and 1 NIC for my private network (just connects to a Netgear GS108 Unmanaged switch)

Running lastest GSS 2.5 console and updates.

I have a Ghost WinPE-512 that is configured to obtain IP address automatically from the domain network and map a Z drive to the server, \\usdotimg01\images    (This is successful, but not on the private network - which is suspected. I manually set the IP addresses and map drive)

I start the GhostCast server with the image I want. Configured like this GhostCast Configuration

Now, when I boot the systems using the disk I type this to connect to the GhostCast session:

1. cd\ghost

2. ghost32.exe -ja=ghost755

And I recieve the error on the computers on the domain network, but if I try on the private network it will connect fine.

Also, I set the options to try any "Multicast" , "Unicast", or "Directed"

What is the problem here? I even tried Disabling the Private network NIC and see if that was causing the issue, but still same thing. I can transfer images over the domain network fine.

• 2.  RE: GhostCast: Error Application Error 502 and GhostCode 19901

Posted Nov 10, 2008 02:47 PM

Also, what are exactly the right commands to use?I see the GhostCast server has:

-clone,mode=restore,src=@mcghost755,dst1

Do I need to use that instead? Or is -ja right?

• 3.  RE: GhostCast: Error Application Error 502 and GhostCode 19901

Posted Nov 10, 2008 02:59 PM

I now tried just starting ghost32.exe and then slecting GhostCast->Multicast

I HAD to type both the session name and IP for it to connect.

I wish there was some way to automate this...Can I supply all this information on the command line?