Messaging Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  i cannot access the SMG through web browser after the initial configurations

Posted Dec 06, 2021 04:15 PM
    Hello Dears,

i dont know what am doing wrong, i'm following every step in the installation guide, however when i finish the appliance basic configurations (IP, Netmask, GW and till choosing the box type (Control center /Scanner) once the appliance restarts, and  try to access the SMG through HTTPS://SMG IP.
    it gives me no connectivity on the web browser.

i tried this issue on VM appliance and HW appliance. and same error on both.

please support

• 2.  RE: i cannot access the SMG through web browser after the initial configurations

Posted Dec 06, 2021 04:21 PM

Im having DNS issues in my new 10.7.5. install.

I get random dns domain does not resolve in the queues.

lol

• 3.  RE: i cannot access the SMG through web browser after the initial configurations

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 06, 2021 06:17 PM
    There is a configuration element to restrict access to the BCC by IP/endpoint.  I suspect that most people set that to all/any and depend on other things (firewall, etc.) to restrict access, but it's probably worth checking to be sure.  At least on the VMWare deployment, you should be able to get into commmand line console and verify that the controlcenter process is really up and running and listening on the right ports, etc.

• 4.  RE: i cannot access the SMG through web browser after the initial configurations

Posted Dec 06, 2021 06:29 PM

Thank you, tpa.

The connection from the DLP server to the SMG CC is working, there is no blocking there. Confirmed by a TCPDump capture.

Disclaimer link. To see it, click the link below, or copy and paste it into your browser's address line. http://www.citco.com/emaildisclaimer