Data Loss Prevention

View Only
  • 1.  Question on upgrading Oracle 12c client to Oracle 19c Client.

Posted Nov 24, 2020 06:09 PM
      |   view attached
    We have a new Oracle 19c server.   We also have an existing Enforce server that is running 12.2.   We want to point our Enforce server to to the new Oracle 19c server.

1) Do we need to upgrade our Oracle 12c client to Oracle 19c client to connect Enforce to the the new Oracle Server?
    2) If yes, does anyone have instructions on how to upgrade the Oracle client on Enforce to 19c?   When I try to upgrade it, I get the error "INS-32103] Specified Oracle Home User does not match with existing home user.

I am trying to install the new Oracle 19c client over the existing 12.2.x oracle folder.

Should I instead install the new Oracle 19c client on its own oracle D:\oracle\product\19.3.0.0\client_1 folder?   If yes, do I need to do anything else like change the environment variables to to point to the new 19.3.0.0 folder?

*** If we cannot upgrade the Oracle 19c client on Enforce.   Can we just use the 12c client on enforce to connect to the new Oracle 19c Server?

Thanks
    N

• 2.  RE: Question on upgrading Oracle 12c client to Oracle 19c Client.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 26, 2022 07:21 AM
    Late reply but for anyone running into this, you need to clear out the Oracle_home variable and then run the installer again.  Also you can run multiple versions of the oracle client and they are all controled by the path and oracle_home variables.

Thanks
    R

• 3.  RE: Question on upgrading Oracle 12c client to Oracle 19c Client.

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Sep 05, 2022 03:43 PM

Uninstall the old ORacle Client and then install the new one in a NEW directory. 

Make sure that the Oracle_Home variable is deleted when you uninstall and then make sure to update or add it with the NEW installed directory. This is done in the Environmental Variables for the whole server. 

------------------------------
    Good Luck. - RP
    PLEASE MARKED SOLVED WHEN POSSIBLE
    ------------------------------