Symantec Management Platform (Notification Server)

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Altiris Dynamic filter issue (Error updating the filter membership. Please ensure the first column returned from the query is of type GUID)

• 1.  Altiris Dynamic filter issue (Error updating the filter membership. Please ensure the first column returned from the query is of type GUID)

Posted Dec 08, 2014 10:28 AM

Hello Folks,

I have created a dynamic query using raw sql query, but after saving the filter and when I do the update memebership, getting below error.

"Error updating the filter membership. Please ensure the first column returned from the query is of type GUID"

Below is the query I have written

SELECT DISTINCT
    c1.[Name] AS [Computer], arp1.[DisplayName], arp1.[DisplayVersion], arp1.[InstallDate], id1.[OS Name], id1.[OS Type], mstr.[Version]

FROM
                 vRM_Computer_Item c1
                JOIN Inv_AddRemoveProgram arp1 ON c1.Guid = arp1._ResourceGuid
                JOIN Inv_AeX_AC_Identification id1 ON c1.Guid = id1._ResourceGuid
                JOIN Inv_Masterversion mstr  ON c1.GUID = mstr.[_ResourceGuid]
    Where

DisplayName like 'PKW7_CitrixOnlinePluginFull-12.3.400-FR-x64-01.02' and mstr.[Version] like 'WE_2.6'

Kindlyu suggest if I have did any mistake into the query. If I rabn this query in SQL Management studio I am getting result without any error.

Thanks for prompt reply!!

• 2.  RE: Altiris Dynamic filter issue (Error updating the filter membership. Please ensure the first column returned from the query is of type GUID)
    Best Answer

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Dec 08, 2014 11:03 AM

When writing filters from reports, you have to remember to only return the computer GUID. This is the only column this is relevant. Remember, filters give you simply a list of computers which adhere to a certain criteria.

So, you'll be wanting..

SELECT DISTINCT
    id1.guid

FROM ....

Kind Regards,
    Ian./