Endpoint Security Complete

View Only
  • 1.  Moving from SEP 14 to SES Complete

Posted Aug 03, 2020 06:54 AM

Good Evening

I'm hoping someone can help me here.  I'm having trouble understanding the correct SKUs that are required to move from SEP 14 (SEPM on prem) to the SES Complete as detailed here - https://docs.broadcom.com/doc/endpoint-security-en 

We are wanting to get all the advanced threat protections that are detailed under the SES Complete edition. (mobile threat defence, Secure Network Connection, Breach Assessment, Behavioural Isolation, Application Control etc)

The disti we are dealing with has come back with
    "ENDPOINT SECURITY INITIAL HYBRID SUBSCRIPTION LICENSE WITH SUPPORT 100-249 DEVICES 1Y" for the workstations and "ENDPOINT SECURITY COMPLETE SES SUB INITIAL HYBRID SUB SUP 1-24 DVC 1Y" for the servers

Is that correct? I would expect the words "security complete" to be prominent in the product descriptions.  I'm thinking that the first product might be "SES Enterprise"

Also, can the SES Complete, once we get the correct products ordered, be totally managed from a cloud console or do I still need to have SEPM on-prem?  Or is Hybrid an option and what pros/cons are there?

Apparently it's not possible to speak to anyone at Broadcom/Symantec do discuss this and get  clarification!  It's been suggested I log a support ticket which I will do as well as I need to get this sorted out ASAP.

If anyone has any info that can help it would be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks
    Nathan

• 2.  RE: Moving from SEP 14 to SES Complete

Posted Aug 10, 2020 02:29 AM
    Hi Nathan

Starting with SES, there are different licenses for endpoints and servers, but if you purchase SES Complete you get support for both platforms. Here is the link where details the features covered between the SEP/SES versions

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/symantec-security-software/endpoint-security-and-management/endpoint-security/sescloud/Getting-Started/what-is-v129161010-d4161e112.html

// Alex \\

• 3.  RE: Moving from SEP 14 to SES Complete

Posted Aug 10, 2020 02:30 AM
    Hi Nathan.

Here are the prerequisites to integrate Dropbox

Prerequisites
    To enable the Dropbox Securlet on your CloudSOC account:
    ● You must have administrative privileges on your CloudSOC account.
    ● You must have a Dropbox Business or Enterprise account.
    ● You must be an administrator for the Dropbox DfB team for which you want to enable the
    Securlet.
    ● The email address you use as the username for the administrator login on your Dropbox
    account must be exactly the same as the email address that you use as your CloudSOC
    username. Furthermore, this email address must be within the primary or secondary
    domains listed for your CloudSOC account. To confirm, login to CloudSOC, go to the gear
    icon on the top right corner, then to General, and check your domains as shown below.

------------------------------
    || Alex ||

• 4.  RE: Moving from SEP 14 to SES Complete

Posted Aug 10, 2020 02:38 AM
    Alex

Have you replied to the wrong post here?

• 5.  RE: Moving from SEP 14 to SES Complete

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 10, 2020 03:31 PM
    Hi Nathan,

You're correct about the SKUs. The first one you listed is for Enterprise. Just use the Complete SKU to get everything. SEPM is not needed if you prefer pure cloud.

Product Management
    Broadcom

• 6.  RE: Moving from SEP 14 to SES Complete

Posted Aug 10, 2020 05:35 PM
    Thanks Adam.  We worked out the SKUs :-)

however I'll need to run hybrid as we want to use threat defence for active directory and that's not available in the cloud only platform yet, still needs SEPM.

• 7.  RE: Moving from SEP 14 to SES Complete

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 14, 2020 05:40 PM
    Glad to hear. Threat Defense for Active Directory for the cloud console is still in development.

Product Management
    Broadcom